Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Glad its the weekend!

philzy756

edadamup.jpg
Done some big contract jobs this week absoloutly Nakered! Looks mint though

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Nice one. Got any more pics of that clean and can I ask how much as I'm canvassing an industrial park possibly next week. I have one building on the park that I did the other week and while I did it I drove round and noticed some very dirty buildings and a lightbulb lit up in my head /emoticons/smile.png

I find it difficult to price the bigger stuff.

Its a Council contract so its split up over about 72 properties. It works out at about 410 for that job, 9 hours inside and out. Good job done every 3 months

Just a pole traditionally inside and 650ltrs filtered water outside. Easy to do just time consuming!

@cheapncheerful funny enough I was watching a programe about Rolls-Royce cars and in the background was a wfp guy cleaning the outside of the building. /emoticons/biggrin.png

That just goes to show how much extra work wfp can bring in as if that was a trad only guy he would not have been able to do it. Same goes for most large commercial building window cleaning contracts that @philzy756 and others win using wfp.

Myself I'm getting too old now to be taking on large contracts & the hassle of taking on staff if need be but still get asked quite a bit to quote.

For an example I had a phone call last friday to put in a price to clean 7 commercial buildings.

Windows - outside 2 weekly inside 4 weekly

Guttering - check and clear 6 monthly (cherry picker job)

Pressure wash all paved areas - 6 monthly

So not being that bothered to take on large contracts anymore I will put in a really stupid high quote and hope I don't get it.:whistle:

Yesterday I had a commercial 3 storey gutter clearing job to quote but I turned that one down on the phone as after looking on google maps it turned out to be a cherry picker job.

Some jobs are alot more hassle than they are worth but others are relatively easy and very good earners so I now prefer to pick and choose what I take on.

Smurf, how would you go about hiring a cherry picker, and what sort of prices are we talking? I got asked to clean a house the other day and this lady was willing to pay anything for a trad clean, but her house had to be the least accessable house i've ever seen, with georgian windows to top it off. I was a bit gutted to say no. She didnt want a WFP used on it as she had had bad experiences with them in the past.

Your local good hire firm should advise you on the most suitable bit of kit for the job taking in consideration any access issues, out reach required etc and some will also conduct a site visit first. Cost will depend on the type of cheery picker required and length of time it's on hire and if you want an operator or not. If not you will need training before you are let lose on one at extra cost.

I'm sure if you told the lady it will cost her anything between £300 -£500 per window clean by cherry picker if access was not a problem to clean all her windows (which I dought it could) she would have a heart attack. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm 99% residential, think I must have two businesses on the round...just wondering how you guys go about canvassing industrial units and such.

I mean do you just turn up and ask to speak to 'the manager' or do you send a letter/phone call first? I'd love to get some bigger jobs just want to go the right way about it.

I'm 99% residential, think I must have two businesses on the round...just wondering how you guys go about canvassing industrial units and such.
I mean do you just turn up and ask to speak to 'the manager' or do you send a letter/phone call first? I'd love to get some bigger jobs just want to go the right way about it.
Sent 60 letters to businesses on an industrial park this week. I picked up one through my website about a month ago, so thought I'd try and tap some more work up. Cost me £30 in stamps, but I had already written the letter on my PC, so just printed 60 off. I looked up the correct addresses on Google and hand wrote the envelopes. Will let you know if anything comes of it. There are some very big units on the site :thumbsup:

Back