Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to clean

No offence but do you know if that conny will take the weight. I ask because I'm due to do one shortly. Mine is a rectangle shape and I have to use a pole normally (traditional not wfp) and the tiles on the sloping roof on the house are small and really slippery. Last time I did it I walked along the back of the panels attached to the house which were not glass but lead. The customer was out so I took a bit of a risk.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

how would you clean this roof without climbing on it which I have to do but wondered if there is an easier way
Bit hard to tell from the pics you've provided but one thing is for sure. Don't walk on it.

It will be OK with the ladder like that, I've walked a few also just stay at the bottom edge. I do a roof and the customer told me to walk along the actual glass as there was windows above it he wanted cleaned, he said it's bullet proof lol. I said well if it breaks I ain't paying it

I did one similar. Very hard work! I walked on the struts, be careful if you tread in the gutter/gulley as they are attached to the brickwork with lead flashing sometimes, it might not take your weight! Ask custy if they are ok with you walking on the roof. Wear some wellies :sad:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ladder from one end and reach across with wfp if its possible. Did one similar recently very hard work on the shoulders 22ft at full stretch.

I wouldnt walk on a roof like that for any money, not worth it.

Conny ladders to get on the roof on the other side and lean over the finials

If your going to do it that way then best get some scaff boards, pop down builders merchants, if not then proper conservatory ladder

Really looking forward too the day my rounds Nice and tight, and then conservatories are coming of the list of things I do.

Just spent 3 days running in bricks to get over Christmas finance, but would rather do that than clean conservatories.

im realy injoying conny cleaning at the minit allways hated them but lovr them now /emoticons/biggrin.png funny how things change lol

Back