Taking the plunge budget £500 ish.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Wheelie Clean, Sep 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

So I've built a fairly solid round up doing trad only and my customers are very pleased with the work. I do find some windows are a nightmare trad, flower beds, porches, canopies and uneven ground etc. So with winter only round the corner (sorry to remind you!) I am looking to invest in a wfp system. Until i change my van I'm limited to a backpack so I was thinking of a Facelift BigBoy or gardiners? My budget limits me to a hybrid pole, will a 22ft do over connies or will I need longer? I was looking at a Phoenix hybrid as the clx is out of stock. Again are these any good? Are the di vessels off ebay worth buying? I only currently do 100 houses a month so won't be using that much water at the moment so was planning on using twin dis. I'm open to advice on all aspects so over to you guys :)

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

22 will reach but may be a stretch on some jobs
    If you have any with dormer windows in the roof making it 3 storey or some big connies to go over 25 would be better
    I have some dormers on my round and can just about reach them all with a 25
    Also i have a couple with small front gardens with gravel and big bushes but with the 25 i can stand on the pavement outside the bushes and go over the whole lot

3. blaze

blaze Member

i would wait until the clx is back in stock,100 houses you will use a drop of water lot of messing about with a back pack van mounted system is the way forward 22 will be ok for most jobs on a standard size house i got a gardiner back pack excellent bit of kit only use it for a couple of jobs now i have van system

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

The cleaning warehouse, water genie backpack, di vessel with resin, 27ft water genie barracuda pole, male & female rectus fitting & 4 jerrycans, £450. Its what i got and its very good kit. Ive done reviews on the pole and backpack on here, youll also need to know your tds reading. Tds meters are £20 for a decent one. If you reading is under 100ppm then youll be fine on di only, above that and go the ro route

5. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I use backpack (gardiners) and can do tops on around 5 houses with a full 22l
    No need for van mount for the odd window or just tops
    4x25l drums will easily do a days work

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

You could even put a 2-300l tank in the van and use a bilge pump to fill the backpack if you wanted

7. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

My current van won't allow a van mount, I clean wheelie bins so have a pick up which is open to the elements and prying eyes, hence the backpack. I'm changing the van next year and if everything goes to plan a van mount system. I'll then have a backpack system as a back up should an issue occur with the van mount. Cheers for the advice.
    I have a TDS meter arriving today, hopefully it will be under 90!
    I have a 750 ltr tank on the van already, one option was to mount the vessels on the van and tee off the main feed with a small pump for water on the go but it would be a bit of a nightmare to find a place on the van for the vessels. Cheers Davy.
    Anyone bought vessels off ebay?

8. J and S

J and S Active Member

Doing a full round with a backpack and a 22ft pole....I'd struggle to do mine....no re-phrase that I would need ladders.
    You'll be forever filling up.

9. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

I started with a backpack and the most I did was 24 houses in a day, I used less water when I had the backpack as well so that's good for space in van, you will be comfortable with that, honestly don't go for a 25ft hybrid carbon will be better and as it has less bend will reach better
    My backpack is 16ltr, cheap one with cheap pump and cheap battery, still going strong (I now use for backs) after 2 years, just fill drums with pure water so no need for anything else to carry, an buy a little sack truck (£10-15 eBay) for those busy days save carrying you will be fine with 100 houses a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

10. Wheelie Clean

Wheelie Clean Member

Gardiner backpack, slx27 and 30m of hose is £463 with vat. I understand the slx will serve me well, so it will be a sound investment. What about brush heads? What would be your go to brush head?

Advertisement