Talk to me about Aquadapters

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Beccy, Nov 25, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

I used to have taps at the top of my poles where the pole hose comes out of the pole before changing to the jets hose. I liked that because I always knew where it was and it was always clean, never got damaged etc. But I didn't like that it was always wasting water when extending the pole, moving between windows and when random people decided that halfway through an upstairs window was a good time to strike up a conversation with me.

So I recently had to replace my pole hose and decided to try something different so I put the tap at the other end of the pole hose, near the connector with the reel hose. I love that I can get the pole extended before switching the water on and that I can chat to people without wasting water, but I don't like having to look for the tap dragging along the floor somewhere, or have it attached to me which works better but is quite restrictive and usually means a get dripped on.

Will an Aquadapter make me happy? It looks pretty good. Does it fit all poles? Are there any downsides? Will it be a pain in freezing conditions? Can I use it on a pole with a Gardiners super scraper?

Anything else I need to think about?

Advertisement
  2. super mck

super mck Active Member

I've got 3 great piece of kit , but you can't use the scrapers on them.

3. albootyerbaws

albootyerbaws Well-Known Member

{Title} this is what you need.

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Yes. They are no longer available unless you can find a good second hand one.

Downsides. Its an added weight at the end of the pole. You need to use A/D's hose as it's formulated not to stretch. Need to remove Gardiner's resinek and fit adaptor into pole. Use old style (threads both end - male & female) angle adaptor after A/D which screws into brush socket. It isn't compatible with the Gardiner scraper without modifications.
    Upside. Saves water and doesn't have the loop at the bottom of the pole created by the tap position.

The world is waiting for the Aquadapter replacement due out in about 4 weeks time. Its called a Univalve. Its weighs a lot less and sits inside the pole at the top. You then should be able to use you current gardiner resinek and your Gardiner scraper.

New Univalve will be cheaper than Aquadapter at £29.99 + postage.

{Title}

5. Beccy

Beccy Active Member

Oooh, that univalve looks good. I might put up with wet trousers from dripping connector until that comes out!

Do I need to use special non stretch pole hose for that too?

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Yes :)

Wet trousers aren't good at this time of the year. Before A/D I had a leaking tap on my belt and my trouser leg was always wet.

Went in Sainburys at lunch time and was confronted with a small child trying to tell his embarrassed mother that I had wet my pants. I thought it was really very funny.

Another upside; no wet leg.

7. Poles Apart

That's incorrect that you have to use Aquadapter hose you don't! Sureclean hose works better. I don't agree that their a great piece of kit as they don't always work.

8. noddy

noddy Well-Known Member

ive got 9 a.ds and need 3 more for new van, you don't have to use there pole hose it works with any the lads like normal yellow that comes with the alexs poles I like the red hot water pole hose all work the same

9. jimmyboots

jimmyboots Forum Addict

I will not be without these...AquaTap, and half price atm too :)

{Title}

10. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

I like the look of this univalve, but if you have to use aqua dapter hose, that would slightly put me off as I think its to stiff, especially the red one

Advertisement