Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

aquadapter.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TommoTrueShineWCS

Just fitted and used the aquadapter (tug switch) for the first time. Got the job done quicker for not having to return to the pack every time I need to sort a trapped line etc. Obviously saved water but whats good is the little burst of water you get each time you tug/turn it on. That burst of water does help get the agitated topseal dirt down the window faster and riding a larger 'wave' too, which I feel could be kept flowing easier, making the cleantime for a pane shorter.

Using this burst to wet top oblong windows two/three at a time, then shutting the water off to scrub all three, then back on to rinse also saved time and water. I can see this tool becoming useful as I learn a new technique surrounding the bonuses it provides. I would recommend this on every pole for anyone and will be buying one for my old boss, as he doesnt use any form of tap...

Fitting it was easy enough, all I needed to buy was a 6mm brass hose repair/link, a male and female metal brodex 6mm hose coupling set. (and the PU Pole hose)

Just fitted and used the aquadapter (tug switch) for the first time. Got the job done quicker for not having to return to the pack every time I need to sort a trapped line etc. Obviously saved water but whats good is the little burst of water you get each time you tug/turn it on. That burst of water does help get the agitated topseal dirt down the window faster and riding a larger 'wave' too, which I feel could be kept flowing easier, making the cleantime for a pane shorter.
Using this burst to wet top oblong windows two/three at a time, then shutting the water off to scrub all three, then back on to rinse also saved time and water. I can see this tool becoming useful as I learn a new technique surrounding the bonuses it provides. I would recommend this on every pole for anyone and will be buying one for my old boss, as he doesnt use any form of tap...

Fitting it was easy enough, all I needed to buy was a 6mm brass hose repair/link, a male and female metal brodex 6mm hose coupling set. (and the PU Pole hose)
I've just ordered a UNI VALVE that does the same job. Good work.

I was just pinching the cable but thats only good for in between windows, when you dont have to move the rig. ...or raise/lower the pole... I thought about a trigger but forsee the coil effect as toi much of a nuisance. Keep a cloth to pull the hose through and it uncoils better and gets cleaned too.

I though about an aquatap but settled with the 'dapter. I find the PU hose to be much nicer to work with, tailing out of the pole and doesnt seem to get in the way as much as the unger Hiflow line.

Yeah nice. I had to order the 'o' clips separately so hopefully they're the right size.
Got a new pole ordered today as well so I can get rid of the aluminium tank that I got first time around!
Size 7-11. Three came with it, two for either end of the univalve and the third to sit out the top of the pole.

Yes it's not only good for saving water it's good for technique

Like you say Tommo you can build up the pressure on initial blast - also I find scrubbing snail trails or grease marks quicker with flow turned off as less friction . Plus univalve is vital for softwashing

Yes it's not only good for saving water it's good for techniqueLike you say Tommo you can build up the pressure on initial blast - also I find scrubbing snail trails or grease marks quicker with flow turned off as less friction . Plus univalve is vital for softwashing
ive heard and seen this soft washing a few times now, time for me to get researching.

It just means as oppose to pressure wash - Chem rather than power

Basically window cleaning is softwashing with H20

The big debate in softwash is bleach or non bleach ( biocide)

Back