Talk To Me About Hoses!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by OoO, Feb 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OoO

OoO Guest

Been running off a hose now for a couple of weeks instead of a trolley. On most houses I am finding it to be good, especially like today. 7 or so in a row.

Any tips on this, if you had 7 or so in a row where would you park the van. End of run, middle of run?

Is it possible to get no leaks? As my reel still drips, this is why i dont fancy a van mounted reel!

Any tips in general? I like the idea of using a cloth to reel in to clean the hose. Or using wipes when dirty....

Advertisement
  2. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Where's the reel dripping from Damo

3. crystalview

crystalview Active Member

I normally park at middle depending on back entrances , i go one way other lad goes other way.
    All reels and hose leak at some point its just the way it is giving the pressures in the pipes some of mine leak some dont.
    Also i allways hold a damp cloth over hose when realing in as i would hate a handfull of dog poop lol

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Yeah i thought middle, seemed easier. But was too late LOL!

hardly ever see any dog poop round here, weird.

It is leaking from the brass joints. Ie from connector hose to connector on the reel. The fittings that allow it to spin.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Thought the title said 'Talk To Me About Horses'. Must be all the horse meat jokes I'm getting :D

6. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

The seals on the elbow go dry and just give up got a couple off eBay came from Hong Kong and I know what everyone's thinking but they are good quality and don't leak

7. OoO

OoO Guest

HaHa, i just went to check the date on my burgers and there offffffffffffffffffff.

8. OoO

OoO Guest

The reel is like 2 weeks old tho lol

9. Newbie123

Newbie123 Forum Addict

Try wiggling the spinning joint if sideways movement excessive its done for will go if it gets a good wack in the right spot

10. OoO

OoO Guest

Ok will have a look tomorrow and see if it needs the magic touch lol!

Advertisement