Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ecover any good?off

Hollie2021

hello guys .

Any one used Ecover ?

I have noticed on some of Windows that I have started doing with the pole , that when rinsing off, it riverlets instead of sheeting , I have been told that with using fairy all these years the film causes the riverlets.

Would using a drop of Ecover in the pure help to get rid of the film, or just keep going with the pure and get rid of it over time , I haven't had any complaints up to press.

I'm using a backpack at the moment but l have been given a knackered pure freedom trolley I've stripped it down and I'm going to repaint it and use it for a trolley to lug the 25 litre drums of pure around to different points around the job.

I think it would be one of the original models 12 yrs +? , the battery ,control panel , are totally goosed!but the shurflo pump seems to be ok(a mate tested it for me)so with a battery & control panel it could be up & running, I was thinking of using it as a vehicle base pump system with hundred meter hose, would there be problem using a 12v 66 ah car battery for the power which would be changed each day for a freshly charged one , I have 2 of these plus a 6amp battery charger, I wouldn't be using it for more than 4 hrs a day ( tops only)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers lads.

Glenn( the old fellah)

Probably nothing to do with previous washes. Some glass is hydrophobic and others are hydrophilic. This means some sheet when rinsing and some dont

Nooooooo!!! Don't put anything in your pure, total defeating off objective!!

There are generally two types of glass:

Hydrophillic glass - this is where water 'sheets' quite nicely.

Hydrophobic glass - this is where you get load of droplet and rivulets as you call them. The glass is almost attempting to repel the water, all we can do is scrub real well and rinse plenty.

Windows cleaned trad will sometimes be a bit soapy when you scrub up with pure but just scrub well and rinse.

Hydrophobic glass - this is where you get load of droplet and rivulets as you call them. The glass is almost attempting to repel the water, all we can do is scrub real well and rinse plenty.

Windows cleaned trad will sometimes be a bit soapy when you scrub up with pure but just scrub well and rinse.

Bad echo tonight /emoticons/wink.png

Hydrophobic glass (the one that doesn't sheet) is very easy to clean

No need to scrub more as it repels water hence less dirt actually sticks to it due to rain etc

It is actually cleaner than hydrophilic glass over the same period of time unless it hasn't rained at all for the whole month

Same as rinsing

You rinse to remove any bits

As long as it's been scrubbed and then rinsed normally (just a bit closer together when you go side to side) it will be perfect

Hydrophobic glass (the one that doesn't sheet) is very easy to cleanNo need to scrub more as it repels water hence less dirt actually sticks to it due to rain etc

It is actually cleaner than hydrophilic glass over the same period of time unless it hasn't rained at all for the whole month

Same as rinsing

You rinse to remove any bits

As long as it's been scrubbed and then rinsed normally (just a bit closer together when you go side to side) it will be perfect

ecover has very little glide. for trad use i much prefer Magnum, bought in Aldi. magnum ,magnum force my avatar Scorpio killer he was in that great film,

Aldi, Alden ,my surname, its all connected. ecover well theres no connection thats why its no good for me

Ecover is not as good now anyway since they made it 40% stronger... Almost as slimey as fairy...
yeah noticed it wasnt the same bottle

im still using eh ecover classic :rolleyes: is the new stuff no good?

give vision a try!!!ecover is a good all round soap.i find mixed with the white stuff it leaves less residue & swirl marks-which I had with other soaps.

Looks like there's a a lot of different views on the old Ecover then !

I've always used fairy for the trad, but as far as the WFP goes my question has been answered NO ECOVER in the pure.

Anyone got something on the battery on my trolley project would the 12v car batteries work ?

Thanks guys .

Glenn ( the old fellah)

that is years old I use something different now and it works excellent I have been told much better than the stuff you buy, just experiment you will enjoy it and be surprised at what works

hello guys .Any one used Ecover ?

I have noticed on some of Windows that I have started doing with the pole , that when rinsing off, it riverlets instead of sheeting , I have been told that with using fairy all these years the film causes the riverlets.

Would using a drop of Ecover in the pure help to get rid of the film, or just keep going with the pure and get rid of it over time , I haven't had any complaints up to press.

I'm using a backpack at the moment but l have been given a knackered pure freedom trolley I've stripped it down and I'm going to repaint it and use it for a trolley to lug the 25 litre drums of pure around to different points around the job.

I think it would be one of the original models 12 yrs +? , the battery ,control panel , are totally goosed!but the shurflo pump seems to be ok(a mate tested it for me)so with a battery & control panel it could be up & running, I was thinking of using it as a vehicle base pump system with hundred meter hose, would there be problem using a 12v 66 ah car battery for the power which would be changed each day for a freshly charged one , I have 2 of these plus a 6amp battery charger, I wouldn't be using it for more than 4 hrs a day ( tops only)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers lads.

Glenn( the old fellah)
a drop of ecover will probably cause more issues glen,when it came out as in it could be used with pure it was very mis understood (theres only one decent ingredient in the old ecover)

personally i would follow marks advice and use some iso in the pure,this will remove the residue from the glass and after a couple of return visits to clean take stock and see where you are with it all,

all new glass when it comes out of the factory is hydrophilic just over time either all of the pane or some of it becomes contaminated and can turn hydrophobic,it some situations this is ideal-personally i hate it only because i have only two jobs that won't sheet no matter what i do to the water it won't sheet-yet!

that is years old I use something different now and it works excellent I have been told much better than the stuff you buy, just experiment you will enjoy it and be surprised at what works
what do you use now?

Back