Tank Fitting Advice please???

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Poles Apart, Jun 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Poles Apart

Right I've got a Citroen Berlingo Multispace with 595 kilos max payload, I only use backpacks but I'm fed up of filling and emptying 25L containers so want to fit a tank (prob 210 Litre upright) in the rear of the vehicle then fill up using a bilge pump. Now I don't know what I'm doing but my plan is to secure it behind the rear passenger seats using the seats as a safety baulkhead then secure it through the seat securing brackets and floor lugs with heavy duty ratchet straps is this okay guys? Thanks, oh I'll paint the floor with that rubberised wot dya call it as well.

Advertisement
  2. Poles Apart

Protektakote

3. staneland01

staneland01 Newcomer

I've just done a setup on my van and my fathers. We used the cleaning warehouse.
    They sell retaining frames for tanks at under £150 which is a bargain! Mines a 500 and my father has a 350 tank. You would need to bolt it to the van base, then you can easily bolt di vessels to it and build shelving above it using channel nuts that slot into the steel unistrut.
    We got the protectakote from them aswell at a competitive price.
    I wouldn't feel safe strapping 200kg to my seats because under a crash that equates to a lot of pain.

Attached Files:

4. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

go 300 tank and a retaining frame pay a mecanic 50 quid to fit it and safe as 300 tank plus frame plus water be weighing in at 360 roughly plus u 100kg theres 460 u still got weight space :D

5. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

Good straps will hold it fine. Not sure if your seats will. I have done it with my transit, but they are more solid. You can still feel it under heavy breaking. A bulk head is a better idea

6. Poles Apart

Thanks for the advice, would prefer straps though it doubles up as a family vehicle and is used for camping holidays so tank needs to be removed easily.

7. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

Sounds like a smaller tank would be safer Poles apart

8. Poles Apart

I think 210 litre is plenty as I don't use that much and if it's a vertical tank it gives me the versatility to add some containers for busy days.

9. Poles Apart

I think with the tank up against the back seat and held down with ratchet straps it's not going anywhere, don't know weather a flat tank or vertical tank is safer, if it was flat I'd go bigger maybe 300?

10. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

My guess would be a baffled flat would exert less forward inertia as there would be less mass per section in the forward plane. I imagine safe driving is important too in these considerations

I'm going to get a small upright and strap it too

Advertisement