Tank fitting

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by windyman, Feb 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just got my new tank & about to order a 1" fitting elbow for the outlet hole. The thread inside the tank outlet is metal- is it better to get a plastic or metal elbow? And should I use that PTFE tape stuff? Will it leak otherwise? CHeers.

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I would say metal only because mine is like that defo use some PTFE great suff!

3. Definitely go METAL and use plenty of PTFE tap, you dont want it leaking once you start filling it....believe me...i no!! lol

4. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Cheers lads, where can I get PFTE tape from? Also, all the 1" fittings seem to be plastic- where can I get metal?

5. PTFE tape (B&Q or ebay) 1" try purefreedom or ebay or a plumbing shop.

6. i had metal but it can strip the threads easily if you need to take it out for any reason, i now use platic they are cheap self sealing and no chance of stripping the threads on your tank

Advertisement