Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrading from glass fibre

Squeegee Dan

Hi all. As some of you know I am quite new to the world of wfp window cleaning. But it's time for me to start upgrading my tools. I have been using the unger glass fiber nlite pole with an extention for 3 stories.

I'm quite happy with what no have but it's starting to feel a bit heavy now that I'm using it all day everyday.

I'm looking for a pole that I can use for everyday use, that can be extended for occasional 3/4 story buildings.

I like unger but find the carbon and hi-mod carbon very expensive.

Can someone please give me some options.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Gardiners slx or extreme would be the default answer

Or ask @spruce for a more in depth analysis

He will probably be able to tell you the melting point and the fibre count of every pole on the market. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Though I like to work light I haven't tried Gardiner's Extreme range yet due to cost, but I can recommend the SLX range. I use the 18 for everyday use and the 25 for three story work. I often find myself forgetting to switch back to the 18 though, once finished with the three story stuff as the 25 is very nice to work with. I do find it a little long when collapsed and occasionally hit things behind me when doing ground floor work

I use the slx22 and find I can reach some 3rd story but also have an extension where needed. It collapses down to 150cm so is easier to use on ground floor than the 25 and fits in the van better. Best of both worlds

Gardiners slx or extreme would be the default answer
Or ask @spruce for a more in depth analysis

He will probably be able to tell you the melting point and the fibre count of every pole on the market. /emoticons/biggrin.png
I'm afraid I can't, but Alex will know /emoticons/wink.png

All I know is that the SLX has been an excellent pole and I would recommend it every time.

The thing is also that the poles keep getting better. My SLX22 is 4 & 1/2 years old and only had a smart clamp upgrade. Its like new.

We recently replaced my son's old SLX25 and the weave pattern is totally different. The latest pole appears and feels so much better than his previous one brought in 2008. The reason for replacement was that the sections had got so thin that they were splitting.

Where else can you get a high quality, ready made pole complete for the price including delivery? Then the after sales service is brilliant.

-

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only dealt with Gardiners a few times but every time it has been excellent service and even when i have emailed to alter something or change delivery instructions it has been faultless

Millie Gardiner is who usually replies to me and she deserves credit for her customer service

Their poles are excellent too

I have ordered from gardiners a couple times recently including making an addition to an existing order, telephone and online support with questions they were faultless in each department big thumbs up from me, will be ordering more equipment next week.

Iv got slx 22 and clx 10 and a 50ft China pole I'm ordering the slx 35 in the next couple of weeks as the China one is a bit heavy

To be honest the only pole I have ever used is the slx22 so can't compare to any others the slx22 feels light to me havnt used it at full reach yet but at nearly full reach had to stand on some steps to do a very awarkard window over a large extension and still felt easy to uses, I actually waited for gardiners to get them back in stock when I ordered mine do believe they sold out immediately again so must be popular size.

Back