Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filthy water at 002ppm!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kennygggkent

Transparent Window Cleaning
Hello Chaps, i know some people on here say it's ok to clean with 10ppm but i can't even get to 002 without it getting really bad and my tap is only 100ppm average. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked with 007ppm other day whilst waiting for resin, it dried the same as 000ppm does. Not sure when it would start to leave spotting can't take the risk. Make sure your water tester is calibrated and isn't a cheap one as if it's reading wrong it could be higher than you think. Hm digital ones should be used ideally.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris, that was my next question, i do use a hm digital one, but i wonder if i should get the stuff to calibrate it. Worked all day with 002 yesterday and when i got home i decieded to clean my windows. 30mins later there where in a right state, white chalky shadows and clear spotting. But i live right on a canel and next to a industrial unit kicking out all manner of pollutants so i wonder if that has anything to do with it.

If anything blows over whilst they still wet quite possibly could wreck them. I would clean my brush out completely aswell and leave to soak in pure overnight aswell.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Mine was spotting at 004 last week.

My only thought is to use 000ppm.

I change my resin as soon as I see 001 gives me peace of mind

I use up to 010 at the most never have a issue it sounds like the air pollution has got on the glass wile it's drying could also be the sun drying them to quick and causing spotting maby this time of year I rince a lot more when the sun is out

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

I'm still using 3-4 ppm regularly

I did find it was producing at 3 but by the time it had been in my butts it was 8

Bleached the butts this morning and now it is 4 in the butts

I reckon i never cleaned them out properly last time

No spotting with my water with no di

I mistakenly used 36 last week all day & never got one complaint.

Not saying it didn't spot but no one complained.

Should check it more regularly me thinks

Tench makes a good point. This time of year when the sun is blazing on a window, its a good idea to slow the rinsing right down, even if using 000 pure

Back