Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

left handed

norm

I am going out tomorrow and attempting left hand trad. as my right is in plaster for another 2 weeks./emoticons/sad.png

Practiced today on my own windows

This is going to be fun ------------ not

Dodger's right. You're up a ladder, parked in the middle of 3 windows. Two right handed and the one on the left, left handed. Saves a lot if time moving the ladder. Now's the time to learn norm /emoticons/biggrin.png

just don't go overeaching again norm and if need be move the ladder and/or use a pole instead

/emoticons/biggrin.png yip no over reach.

Small windows ok with left

But on larger windows today practice find it awkward instead of passing to right hand which I normally do continue with left I am losing reach might have to split window or maybe pole.

:)its a learning curve I think I will k.i.s.s [keep it simple stupid]/emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks for all your input and advice guys

I learned left handed when I thought hmm be quicker then going doen ladder and moving and goin back..,

I had fun training my left hand....

This may sound odd, but when I started window cleaning and doing big shop windows, I'd use a squeegee in each hand so that my left would mimic my right hand squeegee movement. To the amazement of my workmate I had it sussed in a week......mind you, I was secretly doing my training for a couple of hours every morning before officially starting work..... there were less people around that way wondering what the hell I was doing /emoticons/biggrin.png.

It's suprising how much extra reach you have with a Wagtail....even more-so with the Wagtail Angle Arm attached /emoticons/wink.png. Saves stretching just that bit too far while up on the ladders.

i could get away with cleaning with my other hand , what i found hard was carrying ladder then raising the ladder into plc with my right hand just could,int get it

Back