Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Seeking Commercial window cleaning help/advice...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mr Clean

Hello all.

I would like to ask anyone out there whom has had expierence in commercial window cleaning as put a few questions to you in regards to gaining work.

Myself and friend whom also window cleans, we both run our own businesses and we are looking to work in commercial cleaning more after landing a few schools and large residential flats and factory.

We would like to know if anyone could give us any advice on where to look, how to look for work and how to approach. We have ideas and plenty written down to ation but thought it would be a good place to ask to see if we can gain any good ideas and to speak to people whom have worked in this and built up in this side of cleaning.

We are about to E-MAIL many companies, care homes etc etc and then send letters to the best ones we want and then visit them all in person as part of an ongoing attack on each company.

Is there anything we are missing, places online to search for companies large buildings etc. Just any info that would help us seek and find places to approach, I am sure some of you out there could advise us well and let us in to your wisdom.

Thank you so very much in advance for any help and taking time out to reply. Very kind.

Take care

Emails and letters will probs end up as junk and in the bin, best bet is go and speak to manager, head, or caretakers, whoever is in charge of window cleaning and approach in person

We picked up contracts by going to blocks and within the stair areas will be a contact to the property maintenance company who over see it. RING them direct and ask if the contract is up for tender you would like to be considered. We got 19 blocks in under 3 months. Good Luck

I do retail and commercial work over here in Dublin. The best way is in person imho. Nothing better than face to face. Go to reception if they have one and ask if they have a window cleaner currently. Email is other best way as by phone nothing is visual.

Either they have a cleaner or they don't have one. If they don't have your business card handy and from my experience most of the time receptionist will take your card and say they will pass it on etc. If they do have a cleaner, I always say there's my card if you are happy with your current service then throw my card in the bin. Undercutting and nicking work is bad for business IMHO. What's comes around goes around.

Anyways, I usually say things like fully insured, reasonably priced etc and always have a general idea of how I'm going to price it before I approach. Keep an eye out for new businesses opening so you can be first in. I look at recruitment sites regularly to see if new stores opening up, usually have email address to apply. Got good few jobs doing this.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Back