Tank weight

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Chris84, Jun 19, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Chris84

Chris84 Newcomer

Does anyone know the weight difference between a full 350 and 500l tank from xline systems..
    And this may be a silly question as there are to many variables but roughly how many average size houses would each clean if just doing windows and frames?

Advertisement
  2. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

I imagine X line know the answer to weight
    And your right the second question is unanswerable !

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

What van you got ? One or two man ?

4. Chris84

Chris84 Newcomer

yeah i just thought i would ask and see if anyone knew tonight as i was looking to order some bits and bobs but worried about weight.
    i have a 500l getting fitted by them but my payload is only 800.
    lol i thought the second question would be a stupid one..

5. Chris84

Chris84 Newcomer

one man..

6. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Ok well you'll have plenty of water
    You don't have to fill it you could go to 400 if you have other gear ? Ladders ? Trolley ? Jetwash ?

7. Chris84

Chris84 Newcomer

the system + backpack, ladders, safty signs and some bottles of things like ubik ect..

8. TolishAPurd

As far as water goes, one ltr of water weighs a kilo, and the tank and bits may be anywhere up to 50kg at a conservative guess.

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Not the best customer service aftercare from x'line. Sweet looking systen though.

350L of water = 350 kilo
    500L of water = 500 kilo

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

In our experience with 2 single operator vans we found that an average day out used between 350 and 400 liters of water. But there were those odd days and big commercial jobs where the full 500 liters were used.

You did right by going for the bigger tank as you will use more to begin with - first cleans and inexperience. Once you get over this normal learning phase which we all went through, you will use less water on maintenance (regular) cleans.

A smaller tank is fine during the winter, but if you want to work longer in the summer with longer daylight hours, then having a small tank can be a disadvantage.

I don't know what area you live in, but we live on the North East coast and there are times when we need to scrub and rinse a lot more.
    We get a film of greasy muck on the windows which they say is from ships anchored in the Tees river mouth waiting for a berth in Tees dock. There has been as many as 15 ships anchored out in the bay that we have counted.

So it could be that we use a little more water than the average window cleaner.

The first van is an 800kg Peugeot Partner and the second a T220L Transit Connect. Both carried a couple of poles, a folding step ladder, hose reel, leisure battery, pump and small bits and bobs.

-

Advertisement