Tanks?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gushysfella, Sep 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gushysfella

Gushysfella Active Member

Watch ya chaps, after yesterday events been looking at WFP set ups. Sizes of tanks..... To do 10-15 houses a day say 3-4 bed rooms what would be a realistic size for a days graft? GF

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Depends oh how much water u use but no more than a 400lt tank for that for me.

3. Colley614

Colley614 Well-Known Member

One thing that I learned from the Impact 43 course is that you should buy the kit and let the business grow into the kit rather than growing the kit in the business.

What I mean is, don't keep having to upgrade tanks and filter systems as you grow, buy the kit you think you will need at the end and build your business up with the kit already owned.

I started with a 250 liter system now after a few months I want to shift my van for a bigger one and buy a bigger system and the money I've already paid out I would have bought most of what I want to get anyway, may as well of put the extra money to it and bought everything I needed.

4. harunh

harunh Legend

colley mate thats good thinking but some peopel cant afford to go up like that straight away thats why people like to do it bit by bit :)

350litre gets me through 20 houses on a good day :)

but i have 5x 25litre contaienrs as back up which is very good :p ;) the next time i upgrade is when i get a new van :p ;) maybe 1,2 years when im much bigger as a business mate

5. Gushysfella

Thanks lads I'm looking at getting a swb transit in the next few weeks so size not really an issue as getting it in but don't what something that's to big, then again and only just started looking it to this so sorry for the questions but how long before you've got to drain your tank? If I had something that would last a few days is that ok or should you start each day with fresh water?

6. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

I've got 1000lts waiting for me to use and that was done last Friday and I won't be using it till Monday next week so it's fine as long as it's not in the sun to go green and it don't get dirt in it

7. Gushysfella

Right thanks RC that then opens up a plan, company here on the island selling 500ltr up to 1000ltr second hand tanks, type in a cadge really cheap. Don't know what they been used for but they safe for food stuffs so should be clean!!! Start at £40 up to £75 so may go have a look in the afternoon. Thanks again lads

8. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Make sure they are baffled and that the payload of the van can take it. 500lt tank when full of water can be upto 650kg 1000lt tank could weigh upto 1300kg that's without hose reel and hose that could be 70kg plus other equipment so check payload first then go for a tank

Advertisement