Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

inside work

paul1

Hi

Anyone on here do inside glazing with pure water? What process do you use and does it work well? Looked on one site and says he uses pure in spray bottle and a glass mop?

Any advice please

not tried it YET....but you never know...so will read the posts.../emoticons/biggrin.png

does clean the worktop very well when frank forgets to turn the pure off in time ....:rofl:

I dont do a lot of insides but....I may well switch to that as I normally use a window spray and microfibre a lot so may try pure....

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes little if any difference in reality from my experience. Having said that, my tap water is around 90ppm. It might make a more noticable difference with realy hard water if the glass is pretty clean to begin with in a spray bottle/microfiber situation. There is a lot of Codswallop talked about the cleaning power of pure water- in reality it cleans no more efficiently than tap water with the only real world difference being the spot free finish. I fully understand the physics & what may be apparent in laboratory environment situations but with regards to cleaning a dirty window there is no noticeable difference in "cleaning power" whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do inside with trad

a couple firms near me charge double the price£

wtf

I just charge the same,just shift ya **** off sills

I just charge same or clean kitchen window for cupa tea,,,,,nice in winter /emoticons/smile.png

yes I do charge extra for several reasons..

insurance costs more....well thats what I tell them..

dressed for winter outside coming inside can be a real pain...betty swallocks...

and they are defo harder greasier inside..

my face yesterday when he said oh and the other conservatory....she never told me that originally....grrrrr:D

Yes then you have all the shifting rubish from in front of the windows unless frank is with you and just smashes all the ornaments!

probs in all my window cleaning days...I have been either very careful or very lucky...

I own up to an antique plate getting a bit more antiquey but it all adds to the value..

a vase mysteriously disappeared once...

and in one a vase did a triple somersault..but..landed safely back in my hands..

oh suppose there was the window blinds incident...

first one fell to pieces second one fell to pieces ...obviously he had never opened em in his life..

now a days I always make them open the blinds...

so not bad considering I used to do loads of insides...

do very few at the mo...thankfully..and if asked...

they are a lot dearer..

I tend to clear a foot of sill and then...slide them along foot by foot as I clean and then replace the first foot back at the end to show I have been there..

recently on one picked up a photo frame for the glass to just fall to the floor..lucky for me it survived its very dodgy inside../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back