targets

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by daveyboy, Sep 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I got this idea from Damo
    I now have targets per hour such as £30 by 9am etc
    Tried it today and it definitely gives you a kick up the arris
    The work i have done today usually would take until about 3-3.30 bit i am finished now giving me more time to sit on the sofa with a beer (should be canvassing but cannae be bothered)
    That is the plan anyway to free up more time to get more good paying customers

Anyone else set themselves targets throughout the day?

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

The only targets I'm setting myself at the moment is a minimum of £30 an hour. In a way, it seems a bit ridiculous considering I was earning £8 an hour in a warehouse only eighteen months ago. I'm finding that as I'm getting more established and getting more houses together, the hourly target is very easy to hit so now I'm pushing myself for the next target.

Prior to my dad's accident and me working less in order to help take care of him (and to give my mum a break) I was building myself up to a target of £200 a day, five days a week. That's had to go on hold for now although I'll push on again in the spring.

3. Damo

Damo Guru

I have a laminated card with what I should be hitting each and every hour.

It can make the work a bit less fun but it does work.

4. Markyboy 50

Like to see over £200 a day. Got an office in the morn. £175. Start at 5.15. Will be back in my house by 9. Wish I had one of those everyday

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. kevinc250

kevinc250 Well-Known Member

everyone should be looking at turnover targets,i probably work differently from damo but the result is the same,
    i've calculated my fixed overheads daily allowing a bit of flexibilty for fuel as its pretty much impossible for me to have a compact round,
    i now know how much or how hard i need to work to acheive my desired daily turnover(remember i've calculated my daily overheads)
    so from 9am i am pushing myself to hit that target-once i hit it i'll push myself again as you said daveyboy its suprising what you can do when you motivate yourself.
    its a strange thing and those who use this method would agree with me in that once you hit that daily turnover you start to look at your equipment more,ie would a lighter pole help?(remember a new extreme would cost £2 a day to own over the year),electric reel might save some time (again another £2 a day to own over the year)etc the list can go on and on,useing the target method really really works- it boosts your business no end

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

For me it's not about more money per week as i have a round that suits me and gives me time to concentrate on other jobs like softwash, conny roofs and fascias etc (i would like to do a full day a week of this type of job which is what i am aiming towards)
    I do however like to get my work done quick so i can get home
    Worth pushing yourself if you can have your days work done early afternoon

7. Damo

Damo Guru

the extreme poles and electric reels are to reduce RSI later on in life though.

So although my profit may be less I am essentially future proofing myself ( I hope )

8. PJ Bullard

PJ Bullard Active Member

My target is £25 an hour, 4-5 hours a day, that leaves me with plenty of leisure time.

Having said that, reading this thread has made me think about setting new targets

9. Williams Jet Wash

Williams Jet Wash Williams jet wash Services

This is interesting setting targets obviously it's feast or famine in this game but I allways say to myself everytime I leave the house I want to come home with at least £100 turnover

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Are you not leaving the house till 8.45am?

:p:p:rof::))

Advertisement