Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using hose from trolley or van?

paul1

When using the equipment and hose from either of the above does the hose have to be fully unwound from reel or will it still work fine if you only unwind partly if don't need to use it all etc ? will water get through ok still or is it best to unwind full amount of hose you use? cheers all

The water will come out the hose without any problems weather it is fully unwound or not.

I have a van system and what I find best is to walk to the furthest point of your job with your hose and work backwards.

So for example, if you had a really big 10 bedroom mansion say or office block, I would take the hose and walk at least half way around the building and work backwards and then do the same for the other half.

For small houses or buildings, I will walk right round till I meet the van and work backwards.

I find this method the easiest because all the hose you need is already out so you dont need to pull any more.

This method should also work with a trolly system but I've never had one so I'm not 100% sure.

Hope this helps.

Been having right problems with my hose on the reel today. The warm weather made it go soft and it was coiling round the spindle and coming off the reel :mad:

Back