Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My water is reading at 260ppm and I've ordered a vessel to make pure water,is this possible

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What do you mean by a 'vessel'?

How much water do you want to make? Have you any place to store it? Are you on a water meter? Have you done this (wfp) before? Have you got a van?

Basically we need to know a little more about what you want now and where you see yourself in the next 3 or 4 years.

A di vessel will purify the water no matter how high your tap ppm is,the higher the ppm the faster it uses up your resin!

It's all down to cost a ro and di vessel is by far the cheaper option with your reading

If your not using a lot of water maybe you could use di only or twin di and wait till you save enough capital to do it properly,by that I mean a good ro system and holding tank maybe a booster pump!some rush into buying a cheap ro etc only months down line to be upgrading!

When I first started purifying water I had a friend who lived in a village 5 mile away and his tap was 87 mine was 200 so I used to fill my van there for beer tokens!

So check with family friends etc

Also consider rainwater harvesting because if done right you can get readings as low as 2ppm

On a rainy day I can fill a 400l tank at my home but at my dads unit were I have 6 ibc tanks I can fill them in a day

My water is 275. Before I got a ro I used just 2 di vessels (4.5 litres = 9 litres) to make my pure. Yes it works but you have to trickle the water out of the di very slowly. It's a slow process. I at the time was only using about 50 litres a week so wasn't to bad but it used to take me a whole day to make about 200 litres. It can be done but is slow. If you plan to use just a small amount a week it's fine but if yer going the whole wfp hog no chance.

my water is always over 300 sometimes over 350 and with my 40/40 ro I can get it down to 17 to 19. I reckon it takes around 10 to 12 hours to produce 1000 ltrs of pure.

My water is 275. Before I got a ro I used just 2 di vessels (4.5 litres = 9 litres) to make my pure. Yes it works but you have to trickle the water out of the di very slowly. It's a slow process. I at the time was only using about 50 litres a week so wasn't to bad but it used to take me a whole day to make about 200 litres. It can be done but is slow. If you plan to use just a small amount a week it's fine but if yer going the whole wfp hog no chance.
Why take all day? I fill my 250 tank in about 20 mins from twin d.i

Why take all day? I fill my 250 tank in about 20 mins from twin d.i
You must whack that through full pressure lol

Apparently the slower the water passes through resin it lasts a lot longer I'm not sure this is true or a myth but I put it through slowly

I fill 100 litre in about 1hour

lol yes i do, i dont have a tap where i live so i use my parents so havent got time to do it any slower, but thats interesting when i move home in a few weeks i will experiment with slower before i consider an RO

That's some going

My di is only 4.5 litres so 2 of them is only 9 litres.

If I go full pressure I don't get no where near 000ppm. You must go through a lot of resin or have a big di??? But fair play to yer.

Thanks for all the replays, I'm just starting out wfp,I have a 11 litre vessel running from an outside tap that I'm going to try Tuesday but just wanted to know the best way to get the lowest ppm as poss

Trickle it through and your resin will last 6 week with your tap ppm so a 25l bag will last 12 week

Try and source another vessel and when the ppm creeps up add the second vessel so the first vessel still brings it done to a low tds then the second will polish it and last much longer

Basically instead of throwing away your used resin it is used as a pre filter

At 260ppm that is going to cost a fortune in di resin for sure :rolleyes:

Say for example:

cost of resin = £75

size of di vessel = 11tr

Imput tds = 260ppm

litres used per month = 4000

cost per litre = 35p

estmated monthly cost = £141.82

change di vessel every = 1 week

Good idea on the to vessels. Forgot about that. Been doing that a few years now. Once 1st creeps up add a 2nd. When it creeps up again change resin in 1st one & put that in front of 2nd. Makes yer resin last.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I so want to set up an ro systems but as an initial thing I want to use the vessel,is everyone else on here using ro?

Back