Tds reading 001

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Ryan, Feb 9, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ok iv read some people using higher than this at times but just making sure here

is 001 ok o use on the windows ?
    also how do you guys compress your resin in your di bottles ?

or do u just put it in loose and thats it ?

ryan

Advertisement
  2. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

You'll get away with 001 easy mate. I go up to 4 or 5 but that's it for me don't take the risk. Some windies will go up to 10 - I know a lad in my area uses water onto glass at 15 - personally I think that can spot but perhaps he gets away with it!!!

As for compressing the resin, I wouldn't know as I use a 30" resin tube that's pre-filled....

3. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Just put it in loose, shake it to level it & top it up.

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

When i started, i was told up to 10ppm is fine for window cleaning, so thats when i change my resin, and never had any probs with customers.
    As for resin, i dont bother compressing it. I just take the top off (with the plastic tube thing still attatched), drain off the water 1st, then empty the resin itself and rinse out the vessel (though that isnt really necessary). Then i refill the vessel up to the top, give it a couple of taps on the ground to settle the level, fill it with water and ease the top in and tighten it up (carefully, to make sure it is in the correct thread position). I have found putting too much resin in, creates problems putting the top back on, as the resin overflows and ends up in the tread stopping me getting a good seal.

5. MarkB

MarkB Member

001 is fine for window cleaning

6. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Ok I'm producing water under 10 after RO - who would use this straight from tank without DI?

7. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I know i just said i use up to 10, but i would prob still use di to bring it right down. The amount of resin you would go through doing this, would be very small, so its not like you would be spending a fortune on it.
    I do, however know a window cleaner who just uses his water as it comes out the r/o, which is 12-15.

8. James

James Guru

PM'd you back buddy.

James.

9. i always struggle to get my reading own to 000 its always 4, 5, or 6 just replaced the resin again so il see ow it fairs this time.

10. James

James Guru

With new filters/membraines (for filteration systems) and new resin & maybe a booster pump if you have one. The TDS should easily get down to 0.

James.

Advertisement