Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner SLX

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

Hi all i am going to order a new pole and I think the best option for me is  Gardiner SLX which is carbon. 

On the advert it states - Base Handle Section has Outer Insulated Layer for Safety

Does that mean it I won't get electrocuted working around power lines if I touch them with the carbon pole? (Carbon conducts electricity)

I work in area where most of the houses have overground electrical services connected mainly by the gutters. 

I have been using a fibre glass pole because of this.

Always a bit worried about arcing..

Christ no. It may reduce risk but if there's any moisture you'll get zapped! Stay well away from overhead cables.

I worked on the railways for a bit in the past life!! And when training they showed us videos of arching and contacts from the over head power cables and the results, pretty grim! I wouldn't go anywhere near em with anything

Would rubber based gloves make a difference? My friend was zappes and it wasn't pleasant!  :1f635:

The cables are insulated but where they connect to the house that is not insulated. I believe they are low voltage. 

The cables are insulated but where they connect to the house that is not insulated. I believe they are low voltage. 

That's true, at least they should be insulated but in my friend's case they weren't - think it may have been a maintenance issue.

So best advice - stay clear of power lines!!!

I can't see how insulating the out base section would reduce an electric shock given the fact you have water running through it.
That's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back