TDS reading is it any good

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by padman, Dec 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. padman

padman Active Member

I am trying to set up to give WFP a go. Sorted out a backpack and pole. I actually only do a day a fortnight on the windows and it is traditional. I want to stop my ladder work and increase my workload so was thinking i could pole clean the upstairs windows and still trad the bottom ones so saving water.

I have a purity on tap RO unit that I use for my marine fish tank (see photo). Not sure it is up to the job so thought I would ask the experts. My water reading is 251 out of the tap and after its been through the RO it comes out at 011. Now my question is - will that be ok for window cleaning or do i need it lower.

Cheers

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. davewindowcleaner

davewindowcleaner Well-Known Member

If my TDS read 001 I start to panic, I always make sure it read 000 before I use it on customers windows.

3. Greener

Greener Well-Known Member

As Above :)

4. Jake

Jake Grand Master

padman

You need a DI vessel after the RO system, that will bring it down to 000,

You need it to be 000, you can get away with 005 maybe, but even that's a bit risky

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

If you are going to take wfp window cleaning seriously then you need a bigger r/o with a di vessel to polish the tds down to zero. You could get away with a 300GPD processing water into a storage tank such as a second hand IBC tank as a single user.

We found the 2 of us could just manage with a 450GPD r/o.

I'm afraid wfp is all or nothing. Have you considered buying water until you can build up a big enough customer base?

6. davewindowcleaner

i wouldn't want to risk cleaning 1st clean job with a reading of 005, loads of white spotting waiting to happen

7. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Never said anything about first cleans :confused:

But you still could, no different than any clean, just rinse rinse rinse, and if done properly 005 will be ok,

But again, i wouldn't recommend that at all personally, just stating it is possible

8. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

Nonsense! You can clean with 011 and be 99% safe. I've cleaned with 036 and achieved spotless results (albeit, by accident). I would put a DI after RO for peace of mind- particularly as you are new to wfp. I've been wfp over 12 years and change my resin when it gets to about 10ppm. PPM means Part Per Million- any human who can spot 5 parts per Million needs a more interesting hobby!!:D

9. davewindowcleaner

I know u never mentioned about 1st clean, I am agreeing with you. Just making a conversation how I wouldnt like to use water of 005 especially on 1st clean jobs, my 1st post sound like I was nit picking when I wasn't.

10. mark

mark Forum Addict

ive used water with a tds up to 10.i wouldn't do this on a regular basis,i was waiting for a new order of resin!!!as above rinse rinse.you would most likely see white spotting in low sun if you didn't rinse.so no!!! a tds of 11 would not be a good idear,save it for washing your van.

Advertisement