Tds Reading Won't Change After Going Through Di Tank

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Haka, Sep 23, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Haka

Haka Guest

Hi guys, I'm a kiwi in Japan just starting out with this.
    I have a TDS reading of 60 , I have just put new resin into my new tank
    But there is very little change in the TDS reading, maybe drops a couple of points. Why would some resin be going into the filter the onto the window?

Also where should I connect the tank after the pump or have it go through the filter then the pump to the WFP. Hope you can help me
    Haka

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I may have this wrong here but you have put resin in your water tank?

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Thats what I thought it said as well.

4. doug atkinson

doug atkinson Well-Known Member

Hi Haka it sounds as if you have Softening Resin instead of mixed bed resin. Are you cleaning your own windows or do you do window cleaning as a job!

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

put a pic up of system

6. Haka

Haka Guest

Hi there,
    Thanks for the responses, it could be that I have bought the wrong resin. It's bloody hard here to work out the 100% correct meaning of those characters. I will get on the net tomorrow and check.

As for resin in the tank. I did it at 10 am this morning after a couple of coffees so I'm sure it's in there! Lol

Will post pics of the system tomorrow morning, pretty standard trolly system. ( no trolly yet)
    the system is for comercial use so really want it up and running by November.

Thanks for the help guys will keep you posted
    Haka

7. Haka

Haka Guest

The resin went into the DI tank, I don't need to carry water around as the TDS reading around here never gets over 70.
    Now who would put it in the water tank? I know us kiwis have a rep but come on! Lol

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Why would you need a pump as would have thought connecting the di tank to an outside tap directly would give you more than enough pressure/flow to do most jobs?

Regarding the di tank have you fitted the rise tube and head correctly also have you checked you have the hoses connected the right way around?

9. Haka

Haka Guest

Hi Smurf,
    I made the pump system as I may need it on some jobs but worked out today that it isn't need around home, the pressure is fine but on the high jobs I may need it.

Yes I checked that the in and out were all connected the right way and the rise tube is in there and I taped it over to fill it
    Taking care not to get resin in there, removing it once I filled it.

I think I may not have mixed bead resin. Anyone have a pic of mixed bead resin? Mines really quite fine and quite yelloish. I have idea about it so any hints or advice welcome.

10. harunh

harunh Legend

is the reach and wash system popular in japan ?

Advertisement