Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Not This Week Please - Been A While

harunh

until now.... done a good few first clean 4 weeks ago... and i was bound to get 1 or 2 people saying not this time please,

she said miss me this week please after i said leave your gate open

I texted her back saying: ill have to take u off my round then and replace you. sorry

went in to my window cleaning customers and crossed her straight out ! lol

ive got a lot of new customers.... and theirs 1,2 people that are only after 1 clean and thats it lol

Thats the problem witrh texting people, you give them an option to refuse your service. Where as if there's no texting involved theres no opiton to refuse.. even if you only get the front done. Cant just just lean over and open the gate? Even jump it if needed... Failing that just do the fronts. At least your still get some coin out of it.

How many do you NEED to text to tell them to open the gate?

Almost had one today they missed last time and I told em it would be extra 50% if they want 8 weekly. Got there today and she said can you leave it this time so I said 12 weeks is classed as a one off I'm afraid and I charge triple for that or would you like me to take you off my books. Bloke shouted from inside do em mate don't listen to her, 8 weekly will do mate lol.

Almost had one today they missed last time and I told em it would be extra 50% if they want 8 weekly. Got there today and she said can you leave it this time so I said 12 weeks is classed as a one off I'm afraid and I charge triple for that or would you like me to take you off my books. Bloke shouted from inside do em mate don't listen to her, 8 weekly will do mate lol.
Brilliant! Sound like it was her tun to pay? lol

^^^ absolutely this. You got to spring the clean on them, give them no chances to cancel.Turn up and clean and if they're the type to stop you if they're in, make sure you're at the glass sharpish Only text if you really have to. I had one today shout over the fence 'I hope you're not going to clean my windows today as they're not dirty'. The silly mare wasn't due anyway. She's a bi-monthly so I didn't even bother replying haha.

h think you take this to heart to much, not everyone wants windows cleaned every month,

you should never come across arsey with customers as you could loses otheres because of this,

people have the right to say not this time,

it maybe next time she wants them doing, just say i will have to charge little extra as its not a regular clean.

never take it to heart...........your not been insulted.

ive had this before when texting customers and if it happens more then once then text back thanking them for there custom and say just give me a text when you want your windows cleaning as im in your street every month and happy to do them anytime they want

i text a lot on my round to remind them to leave gates open or money etc. only have one that says leave it, then text next month and they say yer clean them! i pass the house each time so not a problem, always keep them on my round,

I've got a few on my list who want a text the night before and they are only ones who mess me about,or you get, can you come on a thursday at 2 oclock ??? they dont realise you've got another 10 plus houses to do.

Best way is to just turn up,i know a guy who texts or rings his whole round,it must drive hime round the bend people saying no not this time!!

I had one customer i've dropped now but when i texted her she use to say no i think it's going to rain in a couple of days time so leave it??? i cant get it through to these people that a drop of rain does not dirty your windows its the build up of dirt over 4/5 weeks.

no ringing or texting just jump the gate iv been over the garage roof a cupel of times to get to the back

i always text customers /emoticons/smile.png and this is my... 3rd time i lost a customer through texting... I think texting people helps u get rid of all the **** customers more quickly /emoticons/tongue.png

people who appreciate your service and like getting their windows cleaned will never say miss me this time.

i gained 4 new customers today anyway /emoticons/smile.png

posh i do but i learnt 1 big lesson today

Never take a customer of your books if u cant get money from them. theirs been this customer who i never ever catch hes never home... he lives in a flat above the shop and he said to the shop staff i dont have a window cleaner bob ( the shop keepers name ) wont let me have 1 i go to him why wont he let u have 1 ? he goes to me he said to me i just cant lol i go to hi u can if u want mate 4 quid he goes yeah go on then and he give me a fiver and 1 pound tip

so i cleaned them twice... and knocked on his door about 5/6 times in total and guess what hes never been home so i toke him off... was cleaning the shop today and the lad comes over and i cant even recognise him he goes i been looking for u lol i go oh is it u he goes yeah how much do i owe ya i go 8 quid he went in and got some cash and he gave me a tenner and said keep the change he goes to me i been working late lol

at the same time got 3 more customers today /emoticons/smile.png

I find that some customers like the peace of mind knowing when people are on their properties even though you are there window cleaner.

Surely if they don't want them doing that time, fine. Just text as usual every time they are due and when they want your service they let you know.

It's many reasons people might not want the service, family problems, money problems, health problems or property problems, even holidays, you have to offer a service not force one.

How often do you clean your own windows?

Honestly I do the fronts of mine every 4 weeks, the back every 3 months.

Providing a service isn't a contract.

h think you take this to heart to much, not everyone wants windows cleaned every month,
you should never come across arsey with customers as you could loses otheres because of this,

people have the right to say not this time,

it maybe next time she wants them doing, just say i will have to charge little extra as its not a regular clean.

never take it to heart...........your not been insulted.

ive had this before when texting customers and if it happens more then once then text back thanking them for there custom and say just give me a text when you want your windows cleaning as im in your street every month and happy to do them anytime they want
I agree, I have customer who about November time say come back in March, others that regularly say skip me this time but still remain customers. Their money is just as good as anybody else's.I had a lady last month who just said "I'm skint" her business that she runs is in trouble, so what do you say? I'm sure we can all identify with that situation. Others have lost their jobs or been put on short time.

H you've got to learn that not everyone will want them doing.some of my customers want me to let them know I'm coming,after all I do people from all walks of life,nurses,police,and gangsters.you can't keep dropping people if they don't want them doing otherwise you'll never reach target and people will start talking.

Just to quote that gangster pays well and won't want anyone pinching work of me as had words.

H you've got to learn that not everyone will want them doing.some of my customers want me to let them know I'm coming,after all I do people from all walks of life,nurses,police,and gangsters.you can't keep dropping people if they don't want them doing otherwise you'll never reach target and people will start talking.Just to quote that gangster pays well and won't want anyone pinching work of me as had words.
I agree. I have to either knock or phone/text most of my customers before working. Everyone's circumstance are different, and some can't afford to have them cleaned every time I visit. This doesn't make them bad customers. I am happy if I continue to make money from keeping them on the books and cleaning them when required. I have found that being flexible is key these days, and having a big enough customer base will compensate for those who don't need/want cleaning every time.

John

I agree. I have to either knock or phone/text most of my customers before working. Everyone's circumstance are different, and some can't afford to have them cleaned every time I visit. This doesn't make them bad customers. I am happy if I continue to make money from keeping them on the books and cleaning them when required. I have found that being flexible is key these days, and having a big enough customer base will compensate for those who don't need/want cleaning every time.
John
Spot on John,you have to persever if you want a big customer base and now don't worry if people don't want me to come as do work for multi millionaires to people on benefits and H you have realize that some people just don't fancy having their windows cleaned every for weeks for whatever reason.

I agree with being flexible, its just sensible business practice. Its a bit hard to balance being flexible with time wasters but until you have more work than you can handle just text them and if they say no then skip them till next time.

Don't get like the planks on "that other forum" who think they are so hard. "If a customer did that to me I would drop them, in fact I would drop the whole street"

You are in business to make money. An occasional customer is still better than no customer. Their money is as good as anyone else's, just less often thats all.

I have taken back a customer two times. She cancelled coz of price and once coz she said I never did them.

It's money at the end of the day, as long as I make money out of her I don't care.

I used to text last year, now I only do a few, one asked me last month to text and I KNEW she was going to say skip but shes been a good customer so I texted her and got the text back saying "please skip this month" she will stay on my books.

i got custy that want emailing every time i am due to do them, cant be bothered, they then emal me asking when i am due, say was there last week, you will have to wait,

if i cant turn up when i want, they getting dumped, been dumping 8 weekers, not intrested in them any more

Latest Posts

Back