TDS readings

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 28, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi guys/girls,

Just wondering at what tds reading do you change your filters etc

Col

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

have have let mine go up to 50 before with no problems, would not advise it all the time though. try to change at around 15

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

mine was about 003 and changed it,one less thing to worry about

4. lol, the water straight from the tap where i live only reads 26

col

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Lol your darn lucky! Colin

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

I think rain water is about 012 and would be well worth collecting.

7. STOZ

STOZ Guest

i vary( ionic systems filters) my filters as i do a large amount of variation in my contracts, this is different if you are working constantly on houses i guess. if i am working on offices , hospitals and what i would call blue chip work i keep my waters ppm`s as low as possible. when working on old weathered glass when working on jobs that are done annually or 6 monthly i changed back to an old filter as i have discovered that a new filter makes no differance to the finish on the glass at all. this saving money and purchasing new filters, i have noticed that these filters have gone up every year also even during the recession which has not helped , hence swapping them over for old weathered glass which only takes seconds to do, so keep an old filter in the van or trailer. some people have told me this is being cheapskate but it saves money and makes no differance to old pre war and weathered glass.

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of fitting a flow meter to my system to take out the guesswork as I am always forgetting to change them.

Every time I change them I make a note of the date, but then after a couple of days I forget to write down how much water they have processed.

Seen this one from Cleaning Spot - http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Accessories.html

Has anyone else tried one??

9. Its easy enough just to check the water coming out the end with a tds meter once every couple of days or so. Saves on the extra eexpense on flow meters.

col :)

10. MPooley

MPooley Member

I always forget! doh!!

Advertisement