Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panel cleaning...the debate continues..!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wonder how much domestic customers actually save on their electric bill from solar panels.....
Nowadays with the in feed tariff being reduced there isn't much gain to having solar panels if you work during the day, i looked into it a few times for my house as i'm south facing.

Once you get past their sales bullsh*t and they also try their hardest to bamboosle you figures its obvious that unless you do shifts or are retired and at home all day the period they supply your house with ''free'' electric is very limited.

The second time i had sales man round mine i put this to him and i sooo enjoyed watch him squirm and go off piste from his well practiced and memorised sales pitch, i then asked if they supplied deep cycle/leisure batteries/submarine type batteries so i could then store the electricity while me and the missus are out all day, his face was a picture...........'' I have never been asked that before, and i have no idea why you would want to do that!!! What about the feed in tariff you would lose out on?''

They are basically brainwashed into selling the panels and cannot think for themselves.

As for cleaning them, i clean them for a few of customers every now and then, one of them checked their output before and after and there was no difference, but all of them say that after forking out all that money that they obviously dont self clean judging by the state of them after a few months and prefer to keep them clean just as they like to keep all aspects of their property clean and respectable looking

Back