Tecbuk Brush

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Jan 12, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Well Ive used the brush for 2 days I like it its got better scrubbing power than the gardeners super lite one. I never got a chance to use the scrapper on it. I like how the bristles are glued in too.

It could be lighter though and I dont think it goes in to the corners as well as the gardeners brush. I dont think all those bristles are needed either just my thoughts. Ikk stick with the brush I have for now.

Can who ever is to get in next send me there address please

Advertisement
  2. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Good luck getting it any time soon

3. Dodger

Dodger Hero

?

4. Neil

Neil Grand Master

I think it does get into the corners perfectly , i luv it but cant get on with the scraper might speak to richard about the scrubbing pad

5. Fazza123

Fazza123 Member

Dodger it seemed he'd already made his mind up ?

6. balaia

balaia Member

it deffo gets in to the corners better than the gardiners brushes. agree about the scraper though.

7. chip

chip Guru

It defo gets into corners better than the white sill brush and splays better to do so. Can't speak for other types.

8. mark m

mark m Hero

Excellent brush just to heavy

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

The Aerial brush I bought was much heavier than the superlite no matter what Richard says to the contrary, a shorter brush width and I also felt the soft outer bristles didn't get into the window corners very easily to remove spider webs. The bristles were held in with resin and the brush stock thick and solid.

I had it on the end of a fairly new 22' clx pole and the flex on the pole was like the old days with Vikan brushes on our Teleplus poles. It lasted the morning. I didn't like the 90 degree socket either.

I gave it to my son in law who used it for a while on his slx22. His first words when picking up the pole were - "this is heavy!" He used the brush for a few months, liking its scrubbing power but not its weight. He removed it and replaced it with his Extreme brush that he had on before.

To be fair, I give Richard 10 out of 10 for his DIY brush as each is individually handmade and well made. The downside to this is that it is costly, labour intensive, difficult to get a consistent weight and probably 'over engineered' by production line standards.

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

Thanks spruce for the 10 out 10.

I think it’s fair to say window cleaning brushes, tend to get the blame for any weight issues a working pole has, even if other parts are being used such as angle adapters, brush extension or even pole accessories like the aqua adapter.

Pole weights can differ much more than brush weights; even 100% Carbon Fibre poles can differ greatly themselves in rigidity, even if the weight is almost the same. Overall performance and cleaning speed is slowed down with less rigid pole and more efforts is required by the operator.

Other factors are hardly ever mentioned on forums, such a the water consumption and its weight i.e. work at a flow rate of 2 litres a minute for 10 minutes and you would have sent 20kg of water up through the brush, obviously using half the flow rate is reducing the weight of water used in that time frame.

Then you have the actual time spent cleaning or holding any weight for longer; which I have mentioned before, so wont go into it here again.

Ultimately if your earnings are going up with your current set up, you don’t need to change. But the brush you mentioned is extremely slow to use (no pun intended) compared to the equivalent Tecbuk brush, 1-2 hours a day for me depending on work type, and the loss in hourly rate is huge, the amount of income and time over the year can not be warranted by me.

Richard

Advertisement