Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Battery split please help :(

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy1979

hi guy's

As some of you may know yesterday was my first day and all went very well and today was even better until I got back home and went to put my leisure battery on charge. There was a little bit of wot looked like water on the top after lifting it out of my van I realised that it was acid. It looks like the sides of the battery have swollen and its split game over /emoticons/sad.png does anyone know how long a standard car battery will last I only have 3 house to do tomorrow but I am very worried that the battery is not going to last

Wow. How old is you leisure battery? I wouln't expect it to split. Is it under warranty? Is it secured in van/car?

As regard a normal car battery, it will easily do three house, but I would not recommend using a normal car battery on a regular basis.

Thanks mate the battery is only 2 days old and was brand new of eBay /emoticons/sad.png it has been safely strapped down in the van not inspressed to make things worse it burnt my hand and has ruined my key for my van as I had it in my hand and got acid all over it not a good end to the day mate.

Thanks guys for all your help and green that was a very kind offer but I am all sorted now thanks mate /emoticons/smile.png it turns out there was two transit screws in the battery that should have been removed before I fitted it. This is the first battery I have ever brought and didn't know that it had transit screws in /emoticons/sad.png

Thanks guys for all your help and green that was a very kind offer but I am all sorted now thanks mate /emoticons/smile.png it turns out there was two transit screws in the battery that should have been removed before I fitted it. This is the first battery I have ever brought and didn't know that it had transit screws in /emoticons/sad.png
Never heard of them either.. What are they supposed to do?

Back