Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter vac debris

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rshandyman

What do you do with all the sh.... from the gutters ?do you ask custy?They would be surprised and not happy when I ask them where can I leave it. I take it to my garden for now but I have to find an alternative way quickly...:rolleyes:

I always ask them where they want it, green bin or borders. Emphasise the fact that its good for the plants as its kind of like a 'super compost'- the stuff has been rotting up there for years. Absolutely no need to take it home with you unless you have discussed waste beforehand.

You can get all sorts of crub out from gutters be it very dry that is easy to bag up or wet stinking slime like this example pic

View attachment 3050

View attachment 3051

Others like conservatory guttering that has no pitch on the gutters also gutter runs with blocked areas/downspout bends will normally have water in them too. So when the vac either cuts out or starts to get too heavy to move about I drain the water out of it. Then after I'm finished so not to put my back out trying to get it back in the van I get rid of the crud inside too normally on a boarder, compost area if they have one. I have also been known to use a convenient bit of common land hedgerow nearby.

i always take it away . and keep a 1/4 bag full in the van usually. folk sometimes like to see what iv found ,a treat to see an unusual sight .

So do you have a waste carriers lic then @boarcity as you're supposed too?
id be suprised if i got done for that . i used to hav a waste licence yrs ago in a diffrent line of work and those boys who police that arent goin to be after a gutter lad with a bag of leaves i promise u

Back