Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

contractual parking charge

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Anyone here got one?

I parked in a car park where I normally park

The sign says don't park there more than 60mins I am always gone before.

Although recently one time the shop guy come out crying saying because I wasn't a customer and didn't go in the shop I can get a ticket - everyone goes to the town and comes back within 60mins.

Anyway, I suddenly got a "contractual parking charge" for G24 saying I parked in the car park and parking was unauthorised - just that, i was only there for 20-30mins. How can a parking eye camera prove if I went into the shop or not..

Anyway, I am more scared because I been parking there alot like every day for weeks !! Lol. but always gone within 20-30mins because I read the sign as 60 mins free parking only.

any ideas, online some people say dont pay..

I don't know. I would suspect if they can probe you didn't shoo there they can charge you. I always park in a sainsbury with 2 hours free parking when I go to town. one way around it in future is to buy a small item from the shop and keep the receipt

Don't pay it , there's an asda near where I live and they fine you if you don't shop in asda if parking there. I was told by a friend who works in it that they can't do anything if you don't pay it as the ground is owned by them and not the government

The onus is on them to prove you did anything untoward and didn't go to the shops

You are not obliged to keep receipts so this long after the alleged offence you will have nothing to prove it but also they can't prove anything either

Call their bluff mate

having had more than my fair share if tickets (well into the 20s), if its a council one it HAS to be paid, otherwise it'll end up with a bailiff at the door demanding £400+ (happened when I first passed my test). Private companies will bug for a bit but get bored. Martin Lewis says if its a private company don't pay. Rule of thumb is if it's a PARKING charge notice ignore it, if its a PENALTY charge notice pay straight away.

Yes, its a PCN for private land - Parking charge notice from G24.

I just worried because I parked there alot of days /emoticons/sad.png

Apparently it is not criminal law but contract law, and they would have to take you to court to claim but in a small claims court they have to prove the driver and that you was not in the shop and they can only recover lost revenue not that actual parking fines? i.e. if I park for one hour and would be say £2 per hour parking that would be what they can recover thats what I read online.. dunno how true, but i think a private land parking ticket if you ignore they would hassle you an get bored any one with experience ?

Thanks.

Yes, its a PCN for private land - Parking charge notice from G24.
I just worried because I parked there alot of days /emoticons/sad.png
Got 5 in a week when I did a weeks work in a warehouse after 3 month they gave up. They will send it to a debt company but they'll send 3 letters then give up

Got 5 in a week when I did a weeks work in a warehouse after 3 month they gave up. They will send it to a debt company but they'll send 3 letters then give up
ok thanks.

Just ****** off because was always gone within the 60mins. Next time i'll just park my van blocking the access to the doors of the shop, at least they would have a better reason to cry! o_O

Don't sweat it mate.. if its issued by council or a police employed warden/officer its is enforcable and must be paid. Anything else they can't do anything. Thissomewhere in the smallprint will be called an invoice and they rely on people thinking they have to pay. If you don't they can do nothing.

Back