Telescopic ladder

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Posh, Apr 18, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Posh

Posh Hero

Anyone looking for these ther doing bull brand on ideal tv right now for £70. 3.75 meters & a very good make.

Advertisement
  2. Smudge88

Smudge88 Newcomer

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They are handy to have for the odd diy job if storage is an issue but not really a great idea for lots of ladder work I'm thinking Posh

4. Posh

Posh Hero

I use mine for climbing over roofs or bottom windows that are high. I have a few bungalows that were built high up coz it's a potential flood area. But yes no good for 2 story. And they bend.

5. cheapncheerful

dont think they would last long with me jumping up em...:rofl:

6. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

At least there will fit into your boot , no more flying ladders :)

7. Smudge88

Smudge88 Newcomer

Yeah i decided against the telescopic ladders. Get a 5.5m 3 peice ladder. Not yet looking at gutter clearing so hoping this should do all my window jobs. I got a small set of steps to do the higher ground floor windows.

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I notice a young trad chap working on his own accross the road from me today using a long ramsey double pointy window cleaners ladder. First top he done with the ladder he placed it on the fascia above the centre of the window. Next one along he placed the ladder half way up the center frame of the window. Must admit watching him work thoses ladders he had looked quite good. Still I did think at the time what if as both ladder sets the point of the ladder was not resting on a solid surface like a brick wall nor was he using any type of ladder stabaliser either for the ladder.

I'm wondering now how many ladder falls happen due to the type of ladder you choose to use.

What do you think is a pointy window cleaners ladder any safer to use than a normal ladder? :rolleyes:

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I have heard they're good but i don't like the idea they could twist

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

That's got to be one of the main issues when using pointy ladders surely as the ladder only uses 3 points of contact?

I would also imagine long pointy ladders would not be that suitable for roofline work either (gutter clearing etc). Reason being due to its shape you can't add a standoff to it and/or most types of ladder stability devices to the bottom of the ladder either if you wanted.

Advertisement