Telescopic ladders anyone use them?

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by crownwindowcleaning, Oct 21, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. crownwindowcleaning

Hi there as the post suggests, anyone here use telescopic ladders for window cleaning?

I know your restricted on night but wondered if anyone used them on low stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

nope but i have wondered about them...a lot of surveyors use em....i do need a smaller ladder....would be handy in the car...

i bought one of those multi ladders recently but....its so bloomin heavy....its heavier than my normal ladder....thats not going to get a lot of use...but ...at least its feels strong and safe...:D

3. TolishAPurd

I've always wanted one, but not for window cleaning, I could imagine it being a PITA, but I knew a window cleaner that used one exclusivly.

4. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

I have one. Although, I do not like the fact that they are one piece. Not strong enough really... The buttons need silicone spray on them loads other wise every thing gets stuck etc. and they are not long enough. Only 3.8m

5. SPCleaning

SPCleaning Guru

I use one. Mainly for access to flat roofs etc. It gets some inside use too on high staircase windows. Useful tool to have on the van.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

They are as much use as a chocolate fire guard if you ask me.

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I can imagine they are handy, but probably need a bit more maintenence than a normal ladder.

8. cheapncheerful

i just get this vision of being at the top as they collapse one rung at a time down....

i use my loft access ladder which is really cra p but very light....you soon learn to make sure that both plastic things are through the holes....scary

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

WTF :eek:

10. TolishAPurd

Lol, the words 'plastic', and 'ladder' do not mix.

Advertisement