Telescopic Ladders

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Riles3, Aug 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Riles3

Riles3 Newcomer

Anyone using these telescopic ladders? Thinking about getting some saves time getting them off my van roof

Advertisement
  2. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

personally I would stay clear of them, they aren't really up for the job to be used all day everyday, joints can fail and last thing you want is to be up the ladder when one does.

3. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

RC would you use them for access to jump over gates and roofs?

4. HotWash Window Cleaners

I have one which I use occasionally to get over walls and to sometimes trad clean.
    The one I use gets used 5 to 6 times a month. I am around 15 stone and it has been going strong for a year now. I am thinking of getting a little giant ladder, the black pro one.

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

guess you could do, but I wouldn't use them. they got to much flex in them and bounce when climbing. they are a great idea, but not practical I don't think.

not really looked into them to see what class rating they are, if they are not trade rated then if you fall off them then you wouldn't be covered with any insurance

6. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

They look sketchy

7. OoO

OoO Guest

Access YES

Window cleaning full time/Part time HELL NO

8. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

Iv used one in the past when working for a guy doing windows. They bounce loads when on full extention and are fairly heavy for what they are.

The one thing I will say is mind your fingers when your closing them as here like a guillotine. I will be using some once iv ordered them that is

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

sounds like there a bit ape lol u dont want the thing to colaps when up on top runs could b a nasty fall :Image4:

10. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

in all the time I used one it never came down on its own the clips that let it collapse can get really stiff over time and you need both thumbs to slide the clips out then gravity pulls the ladder down sharpish. Just watch your little pinkies

Advertisement