Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gocardless fixed date direct debit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

Does anyone use Gocardless on a set date rather than after the clean date. I had a request from a custy to change to a fixed date so instead of requesting through cleaner planner I have just set up a subscription on the Gocardless dashboard and advised her if a clean does not take place then I will offset the credit against a future clean. Just interested if anyone finds set date payments a better option.

Nope not worth the hassle or the wait, I had a client ask if they could set it up for the 1st of the month I explained that due to my schedule changing over the course of the year due to holiday and bad weather at some point I may have to wait weeks to be paid or end up owing them.

If a client can't have £10.00 for window cleaning in the bank for example then theirs something wrong somewhere.

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I would also avoid fixed dates.  Two reasons. 

1: If you do miss the clean then you collect the payment then you 'owe' a clean so from this point on you are always in the customers debt unless you then squeeze 2 cleans in online rotation which they may not be overly happy with. Also if it happens twice then you really are in a fix now. 

2: as @Iron Giant said above... if you don't have the money in the bank to cover the window cleaning then really you shouldn't have a window cleaner.  It is afterall a luxury service not an essential one. 

Back