Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi fellow window cleaners .I have been running a window cleaning business for 10yrs and would like to go into soft washing clients roofs .Can anyone g

Hiya Chris. If your going down the softwashing route my advice would be to get as much information as you can. Whether asking questions or browsing online and when you think you're confident enough to start SFing make sure your 1st purchase is all the ppe needed. DON'T start without it. Using chems is becoming more and more common amongst us windys and you rarely see accidents on this forum (MrGreens pal had a small splash in the eye last year and it looked nasty) so make sure your not this year's accident pal.
Now once you're ppe'd ready there's a load of us all clued up with SF on here but mainly its forward thinking what ifs.
Common sense.
Trowel the web to get the jist then we'll all answer your questions pal.
Good luck on your new venture

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi Chris, I added soft washing to my business and there’s a mine field of advice out there. The two best sources that helped me were Benz softwash and Mark Cave at Mr Clever Clean. Benz have some useful videos on YouTube to show the varying ways of application and what chemical to use and when. Also, do research on the chemicals themselves. Learn how they work, what byproducts they produce, what you can and can’t mix together,etc etc. Another tool which has proved invaluable for me is the softwash calculator app. It’s so important to get your softwash recipe correct or you can have big problems and this helps take the mystery out of mixing a brew. Start simply with basic gear until you get a feel for it, then upgrade your kit when it begins paying. Totally 100% agree with the comment about PPE. DO NOT, go anywhere near softwashing without it. You don’t muck about with chems. I find it a very satisfying job personally and once you get into it really fairly simple, just take your time, plan each job out and be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

The softwash calculator is way overpriced

Just basic maths to work out solutions and how to adjust an existing mix to change strength etc

The softwash calculator is way overpriced

Just basic maths to work out solutions and how to adjust an existing mix to change strength etc
I have to agree with @Dave B here.  This may sound harsh but if you dont have the mental apptitude to find the solution ratios using your brain and the calculator already installed on your phone then you shouldnt get involved with hazardous chemicals to begin with.  

Just my opinion. I will now await the torrent of abuse from owners of the softwash calc. ?

I have to agree with @Dave B here.  This may sound harsh but if you dont have the mental apptitude to find the solution ratios using your brain and the calculator already installed on your phone then you shouldnt get involved with hazardous chemicals to begin with.  

Just my opinion. I will now await the torrent of abuse from owners of the softwash calc. ?
You and @Dave B agreeing!!! That must have been painful :1f61c:

Back