Tennis elbow?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Laz, Oct 9, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Laz

Laz Guest

Just wondering if anyone else suffers from this, or maybe knows how to prevent it?

After a days work I find my elbow really hurts when bending it. also my wrist is clicky!

Anyone else get this?

Advertisement
  2. Ken

Ken Guest

My elbow can be in some real pain from time to time too yes. Maybe the new squeegee may help. I find ettores need holding different as the slant and weight of them are bizarre.

3. Agreed get a lighter squeegee, aluminium ones are good also use soft rubbeer in your squegee it doesn't last as long but requires less effort, so no need to put loads of pressure on it.

4. Laz

Laz Guest

Yeah I think my squeegee plays a big part, we will have to just see if my new one makes any difference. It feels odd using a light squeegee after using a heavy one for a while.

I use soft rubber, it's pretty good. :)

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

STOP PLAYING TENNIS

6. kars

kars Guest

I trained as a hairdresser originally many moons ago and developed a gangolin (spelling?) in my right wrist which has not bothered me for years since giving it up. It has now decided to come back and has been agony at times! Only cure to go get it cut out but that means taking time off work only for there to be a fair chance of one coming back!! :) solution for me is to keep practicing with my other hand. totally cackhanded to start with but getting there now.
    Think there is something on here somewhere about using both hands when working to help prevent these things?

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

A support might help,but lighter equipment is better.I get sore elbows and wrists doing water fed pole work.changing hands helps and drink plenty of fluids

8. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Not messing about, the old cure for a ganglean used to be to hit it hard with the big old family Bible - I would use a different book, but apparently it used to pop it, hurt like mad for a couple of days, then all fixed.

Not sure how long you have been cleaning Laz, but I sometimes suffer from carpal tunnel in the wrist, which flared up when I started squeegeeing, then eased after about 6 months.

Then it came back when I started using wfp, and went after 6 months.

All may not be lost - perhaps with a bit of time it will ease.

Possibly worth doing warm up exercises.

I know if I go rock climbing without warming up properly then pain and troubles will follow.

Final thought - most newbies grip the squeegee really hard - as if their life depended on it. In truth, if you hold it lightly, then it takes less strain on your wrist as the squeegee follows the contour of the glass.

Really hope you get it sorted,

Dave

Advertisement