Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pain In The Harris

Belfastcleaning

Was using the Harris pole for windows yesterday and cleaning pvcs today and it's really pee'd me off, clamps are annoying, the sections spin, and if I tighten the clamps til the sections don't spin, then it takes me 10 minutes trying to un screw them and close pole down!! Last pvc job i felt like taking brush off and leaving the pole in the street. Is I couldn't loosen the clamp! Sections don't slide out great either.. Think a clx 18 will be much better

Lol love the title, I get pi**ed off with mine as well I'm going to get a slx or clx I'm using my Harris a lot now never seem to use my 36'

i love how you guys have these problems, i have had mine for a while and never have a problem.

the problems with the twist lock ones is make sure u neve over tighten them as this will wear the clamps out a lot quicker than normal.

My clamps always give me hassle and if I have wet hand I have no chance of putting them up and down

Was using the Harris pole for windows yesterday and cleaning pvcs today and it's really pee'd me off, clamps are annoying, the sections spin, and if I tighten the clamps til the sections don't spin, then it takes me 10 minutes trying to un screw them and close pole down!! Last pvc job i felt like taking brush off and leaving the pole in the street. Is I couldn't loosen the clamp! Sections don't slide out great either.. Think a clx 18 will be much better

i thought you brought a clx 27

yer thats the problem with them once they are over tighten from the start then they wont last long atall, then you have to keep tighten them up even more,

Are they different now or something, mines exactly the same and I even put a drop of oil on em but still same.

oil is the worst thing to put on, that would never grip on the pole!
Just a tiny bit on the thread, not enough to run off so theres none on pole. basically a bit on a rag and wipe over thread.
Did nothing though.

Just a tiny bit on the thread, not enough to run off so theres none on pole. basically a bit on a rag and wipe over thread.

Did nothing though.

dodger use a ptfe spray mate works a dream

Cheers mate, just tried screwfix but none in stock, place I get all my scourers and shizzle sells loads of stuff I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it but if not theres a good auto parts place near where I'm working tomorrow but if none of them have any I'm right next to halfords from 7 Friday.. /emoticons/smile.png

i thought you brought a clx 27
I do have the clx 27 but pops was using it lol. I have 2 Harris poles!! I just made them cos they were only £15.. Will maybe now use one for spraying viro on fascias etc..

Rc, why do you love we are having problems? Lol! If I don't tighten the clamps enough the sections don't stay still and it's a real nuisance trying to scrub guttering when the brush keeps spinning round on ya..

Rc, why do you love we are having problems? Lol! If I don't tighten the clamps enough the sections don't stay still and it's a real nuisance trying to scrub guttering when the brush keeps spinning round on ya..
dont mean in serious way, lol as in a joking way! no-one likes having problems! there is a fine line between loose, tight and overtight, its just finding that point, once you get that point those twist clamps will last ages. plus its how much pressure you put on the poles too that dont help them either.

i've worked with twist clamps in window cleaning for 3yrs now and in deccorating over the past 10 years,

Use my Harris a lot now & never have a problem. At end of each week I put a bit of wd40 on it & my other poles, ladder clamps etc & it's fine. Just the hose gets on my **** lol

Use my Harris a lot now & never have a problem. At end of each week I put a bit of wd40 on it & my other poles, ladder clamps etc & it's fine. Just the hose gets on my **** lol
what hose u got for it??

Back