Text requests for payments.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Business' started by Green Pro Clean Ltd, Feb 17, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I never really know what to put in a text when requesting payments.

"Hi there, your window cleaning bill is 27 days past due, the balance is £35. Payment options are here Green Pro Cleaner, Carlton;Nottingham Thank you very much."

Now this message just about fits in the industry standard 160 characters for a text message which is as long as I would want it to be, what do you think.

Advertisement
  2. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

Think it's to the point and will have the required effect. I like to finish my payment requests with "Thank you for your custom" I think it suggests I value them and reduces the risk of them feeling told off for non payment. but if it works it works!

3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Unfortunately that ending is about 5 characters too long. And also for some of them I want them to feel told off, you would think after 3 years service they would get it sorted by now! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BigFoot

BigFoot Active Member

lol, perhaps you should send the a photo of the naughty step.

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

youre wasting your time. truth be told they already know and are taking the michael. only yesterday i had a customer [who had had a paper reminder before Xmas] call up with some daft excuse "iv been in Egypt "
    "egypt my **** youre a freakin ferhookerin liar"

i beg your pardon
    "you heard me ... now **** off "

6. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

my text message is always the same and just comes up on predictive text. "Hi, adam @ thompson window cleaning please can you forward payment for last window clean, thankyou"

i send this to everyone on the 4th day after cleaning as my invoice states within 3 days, if i dont get payment i send it again a couple of day later, then i start sending it everyday until they pay. If it gets to the next clean i send a text saying cleaning has been put on hold till payment received. If no reply they get a small claims letter and removed from the round.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm a bit more flexible than you and I always get paid whether it's a month over due etc. I'll send a text reminder about a week after saying 'windows cleaned on xx/xx/xx can I remind you to BACS payment please, Tuffers. It's your business, but if you put them on hold I think you'll be looking for more customers in the long run.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I just think within about tow to three months off reminder texts they will start to consider it the 'norm' and pay more promptly. Just so bored of the whole chasing money business. That is the only downer to this job and I think with modern payment options there is no need for it.

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

the BACS can work really well but not always, nothing worse checking your account waiting for payments coming so annoying
    green is right its the downer to the job
    my jealous of the guys who have it all sorted and do no collecting

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

I just think if I've sent half a dozen reminders and they've not responded or paid then there obviously avoiding doing so. Fair enough if I didn't send reminders but if you've been asked half a dozen times I think it's a bit cheeky to not pay for a service youve agreed to have. I do have a few customers that don't have a contact number so I'm prepared to clean twice without payment it'd more to do with when they don't want to or can't be arsed to pay that annoys me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement