Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rain

Never noticed how often it rains till started window cleaning . Been poor Summer weather wise and a lot of the rain has been heavy, not light drizzles.

WFP is awesome when it's raining, you need way less rinsing. Though I try to avoid houses and mostly do commercial in the rain.

Because people who are clueless to wfp cleaning and rain complain. I'm going to get a wfp due to the bad weather we've been having.

Although I'd still trad all first cleans and all windows I can reach.

You dont have much choice if you are busy. I sit out heavy showers but work through light rain and drizzle. 

You might upset the odd one but make up for it in work you actually get done.

I used to avoid all rain. But I simply can't afford to now as I would get so far behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel I need to rinse less when its raining. I guess it could be due to lower temperatures, the higher moisture content in the air and water already on the glass.

Commercial customers don't mind me cleaning in the rain, as we often have 15+ days every month with rain here, they understand how it is. Some private customers are a bit more picky with the immediate result and I don't blame them, so when I can avoid cleaning them in the rain, I push them a few days or a week. That said, I did do some monthly customers on commision, and have often cleaned them in rain, never got a complaint.

I believe if you tell customers from the start that you clean in all weather but perhaps give them a letter explaining how clean the rain is etc.

You'd perhaps weed out the ones you don't want. When I get more full I'll keep cleaning and if they say anything I'll drop them overtime if they still don't want me doing it.

True Gaz ain't so easy tradding in more than drizzle hence why gutters and such like come in handy for wet spells.

Wfp be much easier but yup customer perception matters too. Not all rain has a very low ppm btw. Read about this and i5 can very a lot.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I work in most weathers, unless its proper hammering it down, then if im already out ill sit in car until it eases and carry on, or delay my start if im not out. Unless its after 1, then ill just go home and carry on next day. I'm usually done by half 2 anyway so it's not a huge issue.

I stay out in the rain until it comes through my water proofs, which isn't often that's why it's important to keep the frames clean so that when the rain does hit the windows no dirt runs on to the glass , like it's been said 1000s of times educate yourself then educate your customers regarding rain when I was trad I used to work in the rain when you have mouths to feed & mortgage to pay needs must

Never noticed how often it rains till started window cleaning . Been poor Summer weather wise and a lot of the rain has been heavy, not light drizzles.
Dont know where you live, but completely disagree with you saying it's been a poor summer with loads of rain.

I think it's been a lovely summer, although too hot in July. 

Its just a case of educating your customers. Inform them that with Wfp no impurities are left behind on the glass, no microscopic soap pinnacles are left on the glass, so the rain has nothing to stick too.

Any problems, you'll come back and do them again.

I make myself work through all conditions as I like my money, love my weekends and have no intention of working Saturdays to catch up on what I haven't done just because of weather ?

I tend to clean in light rain. I occasionally get comments such as "you haven't chosen a very good day" but I ignore these & just crack on.

Dont know where you live, but completely disagree with you saying it's been a poor summer with loads of rain.
I think it's been a lovely summer, although too hot in July. 
Its just a case of educating your customers. Inform them that with Wfp no impurities are left behind on the glass, no microscopic soap pinnacles are left on the glass, so the rain has nothing to stick too.
Any problems, you'll come back and do them again.
I make myself work through all conditions as I like my money, love my weekends and have no intention of working Saturdays to catch up on what I haven't done just because of weather [emoji4]
I'm trad and I still tell my customers that if the rain affects my work in the next 24hr I will come back for free just ring me not once have I had a call back

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I'm trad and I still tell my customers that if the rain affects my work in the next 24hr I will come back for free just ring me not once have I had a call back

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I tell mine this but still some seem to not listen then blame you.

Had a couple this year who said they weren't happy with last clean but I only found out on both occasions when asking for payment. Why didn't you say and I would have come back? Instead they both got the hump. One I still clean the other I dumped.

Rain or not with wfp work you will always get the odd job that's not perfect no matter how much time you spend on it. It's not a 100% system. But luckily it's good enough 99% of the time. I can probably count the amount of complaints I've had on one hand, would rather work in rain and upset the odd one than lose a day work every week. 

Back