Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie needs help

Gus taylor

Hi folks i need some advise,

I have an ibc tank to use with my preasure washer but want to use the water in the ibc to feed water to my waterfed pole. I know i need some kind of pump so was wondering what the cheepest option would be, dont know what pump i neex.

Thanks in advance

Im probably sounding really dumb but i dont understand how i feed the water fed pole with water from my ibc?

Thanks for your reply Gav

Hi folks i need some advise,
I have an ibc tank to use with my preasure washer but want to use the water in the ibc to feed water to my waterfed pole. I know i need some kind of pump so was wondering what the cheepest option would be, dont know what pump i neex.

Thanks in advance
Most of us use a shurflo 100 PSI pump for window cleaning.

Dont really want to do window cleaning but when u have a tank of water on your van for pressure washing its hard to say no to someone if they ask for the windows so was gunna be half half half i.e wash windows with water fed pole then traditionally clean it then with blade and rag, pressure washing is my main line of work just silly to say no to an extra few quid if im there already

Dont really want to do window cleaning but when u have a tank of water on your van for pressure washing its hard to say no to someone if they ask for the windows so was gunna be half half half i.e wash windows with water fed pole then traditionally clean it then with blade and rag, pressure washing is my main line of work just silly to say no to an extra few quid if im there already
I'm a bit confused, you say your going to use some of the water in your IBC to clean the windows water fed pole, then trad clean them? Thats kinda like doing the job twice is it not?

I presume the water in the tank will be direct from the tap so not water that can be used to clean windows, unless you have 2 seperate tanks I can't see how you would do it, other than connecting a DI after the water fed pole pump to pure the water on the way out to the brush, but that will depend on your tap TDS.

Trev has asked what was about to ask! You aren't gonna have a tank of pure water for pressure washing so you couldn't use it to wfp window clean anyway.

Im planning on getting a couple of smaller tanks and still trying to figure out the best set up. Currently i have a 1000L ibc in the back but its way to big so was gunna get a 400L flat tank and ply line the inside this making loads of space giving me the chance to have a smaller tank for water fed pole if that makes sence

you will need a double tap outlet fitted to tank, one for pressure washing, the other outlet connected onto a Shurflo pump, then connected onto a 11 litre or bigger D.I. Vessel, then a hose to connect it onto your waterfed pole, + a controller + leisure battery to power up your pump, controller for your water flow.

Or you can get a local window cleaner to clean them, OR get a pair of ladders and a bucket, + Cleaning tools to wash windows + a few scrims.

2nd option cheaper.

di vessels off ebay £20-25, pump controller packaged togeather, £160, battery £55 - 80, resin around £25-70, pole around £120 -200. hosepipe + hozelock connectors £5,

is it worth it for a few houses only.

That is exactly how I got going with window cleaning, I was all about the pressure washing and would clean windows as part of the pressure wash to finish the job off, then got asked about regular and it went from there, I am now pretty much fulltime windows and pressure washing, seriously considering splitting the business into two.

Windows are great for keeping the cash flowing in the winter as well.

Easier to promote one well done site. And all customers prefer a one stop shop.
Maybe, its the offering of so many services over a large amount of small towns, thought it may be easier to split it up.

Back