Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newby on the block!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hayden

Evening, thought I'd give window cleaning a little google and came across this site so thought I'd just introduce myself.

My name is Hayden, I'm 21 and from Essex. I'm very hard working and love a good days work so here I am wanting to start up a small weekend business!

I'm after all the help and advice possible, I'm a fence erector by trade but I want something for the weekends that I can run/mange and say I built it up from nothing!

If you have got a few moments I've got a few questions that you might be able to help me with.

Am I starting at the wrong time of the year?

What size vehicle do you have/use?

What kinda insurances should you take out to cover yourself? Public liability?

Does everyone use ladders? What are these extension poles like?

Thank you for reading and any advice would be much appreciated! Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Hayden

Evening, thought I'd give window cleaning a little google and came across this site so thought I'd just introduce myself.
My name is Hayden, I'm 21 and from Essex. I'm very hard working and love a good days work so here I am wanting to start up a small weekend business!

I'm after all the help and advice possible, I'm a fence erector by trade but I want something for the weekends that I can run/mange and say I built it up from nothing!

If you have got a few moments I've got a few questions that you might be able to help me with.

Am I starting at the wrong time of the year? No

What size vehicle do you have/use? Car or van

What kinda insurances should you take out to cover yourself? Public liability? Public liability

Does everyone use ladders? What are these extension poles like? Some use ladders, others waggle a stick

Thank you for reading and any advice would be much appreciated! Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Hayden
Welcome Hayden.

Hi mate and welcome

Don't have to use ladders but is a cheap way to start

Have a browse on here and you'll get some ideas and info

hi and welcome hayden....i have said before...now is a good time to start as the weather starts getting colder and all the summer wannabe window cleaners run for cover...

ladders are the cheapest route but depends how good you are on them...

weekends are great as plenty of people tend to spot you so you pick up work fast....keep us informed and good luck...

Am I starting at the wrong time of the year?

Not at all, any time of year is a good time. If you are just starting out, you'll need to spend allot of time advertising. No time like the present.

What size vehicle do you have/use?

I use a ford transit, and a kangoo. But I started in a VW Polo. So really it depends. If your just starting out and want to go WFP. Go for a kangoo like van. If your trad, then anything really, as long as you can fit a roof rack.

What kinda insurances should you take out to cover yourself? Public liability?

Third Party Public liabilty is what I have. However Scotland is a little different, we are licenced and need insurance as part of our licensing conditions, which is not the case in England. However Public liability can be as little as £90, so it maybe worth concidering.

Does everyone use ladders? What are these extension poles like?

We use both, ladders and WFP. We also use tradittional extension poles. For the most part, we use ladders, and only use the poles for difficult to access windows. You'll get mixed view on which is the best route. But my advice is buy a 20ft set of double tier ladders. That is your cheapest option to get you started.

Hey Hayden, welcome to the window cleaning forums....You'll find loads of information on this site and the guys are brill at answering questions that you can't find, welcome again mate./emoticons/wink.png

Back