Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

cheque up on my cheques....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

cheapncheerful

yes...paperwork is not and never has been my strong point...using the tv remote control is...

so a customer who always pays by cheque didn't leave the cheque with the cleaner as she usually does...so I no longer go collecting my money in and thus leave an online payment slip...

a month later she text requests me again....but...no online payment has registered..

so the cheque left was only for the one clean and so one was left owing until the next text order....

and finally when I ask for double the customer says...but I paid you....ahh but did she....who knows...well....

all cheques go straight into the wife's purse for her to put in the bank...

a cheque is worth nothing to me if its lost..

so out with the paid in book to see where this cheque went in...and....hit the first problem..

great accountant wifey decides it's boring to write down the name of each payee of a cheque...but lucky for me she still manages to list the cheque amounts...

the customer in question is charged thirty pounds in and out....

so....we can only find two thirty pound cheques so far paid in for this year...

but again....naughty wife hasn't wrote down who they are from...

banks charge five pound to get a copy of a cheque...don't you just love your local friendly bank....

well actually....I would line the lot up against the wall...as wolfey would say...come the revolution...

not so friendly banks at all as none of them want my money...well they have all closed down the local branches and expect me to trundle off into the main town...miles away..

sorry to prolong the story and do a ronnie corbett.....oh remember his five minute jokes with pleasure...

but some twenty five years ago I got a cash machine which accepted money and cheques paid in through the wall.....so what happened to them....

so back to under the mattress then....

anyway back to the story ronnie corbett....I went to bed feeling guilty as the customer said she paid and I had found two thirty pound cheques had gone in my account and ....I had done her windows twice....hmmm

but ...waking up in the morning....I found a pile of invoices for a cleaning company I work for and there was a nice thirty pound cheque which was paid in at the right time...

so seeing as there is only one cheque paid in......I must be right ...one clean still owes...

LESSON LEARNT ....WIFE TOLD OFF.....don't be lazy..

and another lesson learnt...it would have been nice to have the text requests to show the customer and to have the dates of order..

but ...despite much research apparently my samsung phone doesn't keep sent texts.....so I have no way of checking dates...so

Another lesson learnt....oh life is hard at times.../emoticons/biggrin.png

So I take it frank don't have a clue whats going on then so just blames the wife./emoticons/biggrin.png

Nice once pete but does cheap have excel to open it I'm wondering.

Any chance pete you could send me one too please /emoticons/wink.png

yeh its a tuffers bed time story..:rofl:

in order to use excel I probs have to write stuff down:whistle:

ahhhh inside cheapies head....a vast empty space of nothingness...

now hope pussycat doesnt spot me tomorrow as I still havent been there from months ago and she asked me sooo nice but...too busy doing proper jobs to arsey about doing crappy ones........./emoticons/biggrin.png

if she spots me....you know what cheapie will do....

Back