Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Hard Should You Push Brush

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Taylor

Hi all just got my new water fed pole system and am very excited. I even cleaned my own windows for the first time in a year. Just not sure how hard you need to push the brush onto the glass I ended up washing the down 3 times they were a bit smeary. Even now there not perfect but pretty good.

you dont really need to push hard at all really, i just let the brush do the work and if there is bird much or anything like that on the windows then just push a little harder, puting to much pressure on the pole and brush could wear it out and could cause you to snap pole if you do it to much, but it all depends what you are cleaning really.

the smeary could be caused by some greesy on the window, if thats the case might need a little soap just to take the greese off then rinse well or even you could have picked something up on your brush!

Good answer, I would Just like to add "RSI" If you continually use too much pressure you will suffer. It's handy to have a sprayer of some sort loaded with a detergent mix for extra stubborn dirt/grease.

yes iv used it in my water ,its good when u get solt on windows ,but i use trafik for hard to remov burd **** and gressy stuf

I've found that putting 2ml in a 25l drum doesn't seem to have any bad consequences, but froths a lot on the glass and shifts algae easier. Not done it enough to know about wether it shifts grease on the glass but can't see why it won't. Have to start doing it again.

I put it in the water, as I mentioned a couple of ml doesn't cause any spotting as far as I've seen. Otherwise it's a case of squirt on the brush

Back