Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seanrw

Hi I've done traditional previously for a year a couple of years back but I want to move onto wfp. I want to buy a set up that would be suitable for heavy commercial work but I know I can get a lot of domestic work where I live. I have a budget that could be around 5000-40000. So I'm obviously open to ideas on setup. Really wanted to stay part time where I work (7am-12pm) and build a serious business in the hours after this. I live in a serious hard water area but I am torn between the size of van and set up to buy. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Personally I will be going for a smaller van(long enough for a good pole though) and filtering my water at home, filling a tank in the van each day. If your water is as hard as mine, i'd make sure to have a good filter setup. Atm im using a 6L DI to clean 300-310ppm water, so these next steps for you are ones I ponder upon now... I will be interested to hear whats said by the longer established shiners here

For that money id go with a 400l tank, at least a 25ft carbon fibre pole or whatever the max height of your work is, an ro system would be essential unless you want to burn through resin, 100m hose and a half decent pump and controller. It what im eyeing up when i can afford to. Im currently using a backpack and 27ft pole and having no trouble with just that, cost me 450 all in without the ro and its all you really need. Id also get your trad gear out, youll probs need it

Hi I've done traditional previously for a year a couple of years back but I want to move onto wfp. I want to buy a set up that would be suitable for heavy commercial work but I know I can get a lot of domestic work where I live. I have a budget that could be around 5000-40000. So I'm obviously open to ideas on setup. Really wanted to stay part time where I work (7am-12pm) and build a serious business in the hours after this. I live in a serious hard water area but I am torn between the size of van and set up to buy. Any help would be much appreciated

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app
To get started I wouldn't burn out 40k!! You'll find that very hard to make back in a hurry when you first start out.

A 27ft carbon pole will set you back about £240, plus you'll want a Univalve or clamp to control/stop start your water flow to save water, and you could get either a backpack or trolley system to start out. A full van mount would set you back about 5k plus poles but then you're limited to where you can park it - this is fine once you can be more fussy or selective at work but if you're starting from scratch you're going to want to get all the work you can so think everything through carefully. You can never be 100% WFP either so get yourself a good squeegee and applicator too... Oh and a ladder /emoticons/biggrin.png:D

Good luck!

Back