Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of starting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris p

hello everyone I'm thinking of starting up my own window cleaning business using the pole fed system and pure water.

What is the best starter system to aim for in everyone's opinion?

Start by spending a couple of months doing thorough research, practice and a business plan.

You will find everything you need with the search bar on here, google and you tube.

Couldnt agree more .. You Will get SO Much knowledge i/nfo its all tested by pros . Of course we do NOT all agree ,but you,ll get a Very good idea of what to aim for , all from ads , to brushheads , go search ,practice , an move !:thumbsup:

i agree with the above statments, talk to other window cleaners about wfp pole system which is what i did, see the results and how you should expect it to come out, get a business plan laid out and go from there i am currently doing the whole business plan idea now and already have the wfp trolley. im doing a hybrid of WFP and trad window cleaning it saves me not breaking my legs in winter time

Go for it mate if you think its for you. ive been doing 2 years nearly now and wish done years ago love it apart from minus temp days... never looked back and getting busier. but as above research etc. great guys on here to help always.pm me.if need advice although some on here alot more knowledgeable...

Would say gardiner poles all the.time. van mount soon as you can afford etc. gardiner back packs good imo.

I was quite lucky tho had customer base already from my other cleaning business and mate who trained me and passes work my way. good luck

I would also add that whilst you should do all the research possible there is also no substitute for getting out there and gettign stuck in and working things out for yourself, you will get all sorts of advice on marketting, products and what services to offer/pricing etc but there is no substitute for experience and we all come to our own conclusion on things over time.

Ive been full time now for a year and have a much clearer vision of what i want this year, last year was about survival, experimentation and learning what works for me. You can learn a hell of a lot about everything online but you can only confirm its relevance to you by putting it into action.

To quote the great bruce lee.... (because im feeling philosophical)

"Adapt what is usefull, reject what is useless and add what is specifically your own".

Hope that helps, best of luck and enjoy the great journey that is business.

Back