The Avengers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by rugbywolf, Mar 29, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

Had a laugh last night. I am currently working my way through the 'Avengers', shown on TV in the sixties, and the entire series is being screened now. The plot was a man who was going to take over the world and was using a window cleaning company as a cover. So you had two blokes in overalls going up ladders and shooting at people, and that sort of thing. The Avengers was first aired in 1967, which was the year when I first started window cleaning (although I have done it on and off since), and it was interesting to see how w/cnrs were portrayed then - Long ladders on pick-up trucks, chamois leathers and galvanised buckets!! The boss was telling the 'trainees' to wipe the windows in an anti-clockwise way. How things have changed. I had a scrim and chamois, but a plastic bucket. Oh the good old days (I don't think).

Advertisement
  2. Posh

Posh Hero

Love them 60s programmes.
    My favourites were Randall & hopkirk & land of the giants.
    Got both box sets

Advertisement