Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Too Slow?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All very interesting remarks. To be fair I don't think he earns £60 an hour all the time, there is getting the kit out and putting away again, and travelling between jobs (we all have that to do), but I reckon on a day he will do £45 ph. He does work very hard and long hours, so you have to give him credit for that.

LOL i met my competition yesterday, went over to say hello and said "how many customers do you have" he said 1500. I said "and you do that all on you OWN" and he says "yes I work fast..."

after chatting for half a hour I figured out he meant £1500 a month not CUSTOMER. and hes being going for 3 years.

Were do u lot live im in leicester n the majority of my work is on council estates I charge £5 a house including sills n to be fair I do take my time to ensure good quality work but im only looking at doing 3 houses an hour if I rushed the job id probs do 4 n abit but I think quality of work is more important n also im at the top end of prices around here so sounds like u guys got it good or are talking ****

Were do u lot live im in leicester n the majority of my work is on council estates I charge £5 a house including sills n to be fair I do take my time to ensure good quality work but im only looking at doing 3 houses an hour if I rushed the job id probs do 4 n abit but I think quality of work is more important n also im at the top end of prices around here so sounds like u guys got it good or are talking ****

£15ph? Your doing summet wrong mate but if your happy with it that's all that counts! I do some council houses for £4-450 and still get a good £20ph on my slowest run, £30ph on a lot of my work, some lads on here claim £50 plus ph

£15ph? Your doing summet wrong mate but if your happy with it that's all that counts! I do some council houses for £4-450 and still get a good £20ph on my slowest run, £30ph on a lot of my work, some lads on here claim £50 plus ph
Quote; some of the lads on here claim £50 pH. Claim being the operative word.

I can do £50 pH, but all day every day? Nah b/s.

Yeh I doubt they can do it all day every day just like I can't even do £30ph all day! I've seen people claim £80ph on here haha

I would not say someone was doing "something wrong" by earning £15 per hour. Sounds to me its quality over quantity. Plus £15 ph 7 hours a day is still £105 and over 5 days its £525.

In my eyes and in my area it's not quality over quantity it's just working slow or underpriced jobs! But I do realise that some places in the country are hard to get the prices right, if your happy with what you can earn that's all that counts

To be honest I think there is a huge difference in areas of the country to what people will pay.

Im in Nottingham Mansfield area and I earn around £18 to £20 an hour but take my time all traditional upstairs and down.Just doing the windows and sills every 3 weeks on regular basis.

If I charged more I would lose an awful lot of customers for a normal semi detached I would ask £7 and aim to get it done in about 20 mins.

I think theres either a lot of bull or shoddy work or it must be the different areas because not being funny but I would love to see some of you in this area the way you talk.

And my reply does tie in with the guy from Leicester what he is on which is not to far away is it.

I have 100 customers and work nearly 3 days a week.

Latest Posts

Back