Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working Too Slow?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Every 3 weeks now that's different... why not every 4 weeks or even every 2 weeks instead?

To be honest I think there is a huge difference in areas of the country to what people will pay.

Im in Nottingham Mansfield area and I earn around £18 to £20 an hour but take my time all traditional upstairs and down.Just doing the windows and sills every 3 weeks on regular basis.

If I charged more I would lose an awful lot of customers for a normal semi detached I would ask £7 and aim to get it done in about 20 mins.

I think theres either a lot of bull or shoddy work or it must be the different areas because not being funny but I would love to see some of you in this area the way you talk.

And my reply does tie in with the guy from Leicester what he is on which is not to far away is it.

I have 100 customers and work nearly 3 days a week.

Were do u lot live im in leicester n the majority of my work is on council estates I charge £5 a house including sills n to be fair I do take my time to ensure good quality work but im only looking at doing 3 houses an hour if I rushed the job id probs do 4 n abit but I think quality of work is more important n also im at the top end of prices around here so sounds like u guys got it good or are talking ****
when I started (in Leicester) way back, council estates were the best rounds to get, everyone was well off, and secure in homes and jobs. Later, in the nineties I took over some work that was council, and people had bought their council homes cheap and were renting them off. rented peoperties are a no-no.

Every 3 weeks now that's different... why not every 4 weeks or even every 2 weeks instead?
To be honest I started under the advice of a window cleaner down the road from me and he said every 3 weeks so I just went with that.If im being honest I would sooner do every 4 weeks.As it ties in with customers getting paid monthly and every 3 weeks does seem a quick clean esp if there paying a decent whack ( I do have a few very big houses that I get a decent amount from ) .

But having built up 100 customers over a 3 week cycle it would severely dent my income if I spread them over 4 weeks now.But yes your right I would sooner have more customers and spread over a slightly longer time frame between cleans.As I think more customers accept it tieing in with there monthly wage.

I get the odd customer with the YOUR BACK QUICK and AGAIN comment lol.But if they moan to much there gone which is the nice part of this game you can just sack em lol.

But when your starting up to get enough customers to get a decent wage from round here is very very hard to do,so I kept it at every 3 weeks,99% of customers accept it .Ask Dodger he is only a few miles from me and he knows the area its hard graft round here some of you lot are in windy heaven me thinks.

Nice one...you seem to be doing well in a tough area and not shy from grafting. Well done mucker :Image9:

Back