The Downside To Online Payments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Window Cleaner, Mar 5, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

have a customer who claims to of paid online yesterday but i have not received any money, she always paid me before (with a little bit of chasing up needed once) iv text today to confirm she send payment to correct account/code with no reply, any ideas of where to go from here? im thinking if i hear nothing from now until next clean then il just bill her for the whole lot again, online payment are new territory for me so if any has any suggestions of how to deal with this it would me out.

Advertisement
  2. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

Proof of payment from her bank should do the trick,a lot of my customers pay online and one lady put in wrong digit and money wasn't paid,she admitted her fault though,sometimes there can be slight delay but not any longer than a day,hope you get it sorted.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Give it time, some banks can take upto 5 working days to get to your account.
    If payment still not gone in then try going round or phoning them.

4. shazzy692002

If its not in within 7 days, just send her a quick text, saying that you have not recieved the money and when she gets time to check her account.

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I have an online payment still outstanding from last month. I cleaned hers again last week and left a note saying it's x2 that she owes me now. Can never catch her home, that's my problem. If she don't pay this time I will have to knock her door on a Sunday morning and ask what the problem is.

6. OoO

OoO Guest

Hold your horses ;)

Santander bank to Barclays is 7 days for us!

We have tested it!

7. shazzy692002

My business santander does it straight away, to all banks inc Barclays.(i have halifax/barclays/tsb/santader accounts)

But i did have a mate trying to do a bank transfer and it was a friday and it said wont reach account till monday.

8. OoO

OoO Guest

The account he pays from is Santander and we are barlcays.

I cant remember what account he said it was, but he paid from a different Santander account and it took 2 hrs!

9. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

TSB should take 2 hours(faster payments) but if not, (not working or your account doesnt have the faster payment transfer) then allow up to the normal 3 working days.

10. Window Cleaner

Window Cleaner Active Member

im with coventry building society, not sure how long they take so il just hold me horses for now

Advertisement