Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van mount PW? Thoughts please

sambo

I now have a contract for weekly pressure washing at some macro lads which is worth a fair amount which is a bonus. At the moment I run it the same way I do any residential work - pressure washer and a 100 litre water butt as a buffer near where I'm cleaning and a long hose to the buffer from tap - I reckon though that people are soon going to get ****** off with the noise so was thinking about changing my setup to having the washer out of the way with a 50m long high pressure hose

I need a new van soon so my options are to get another small Peugeot expert size and a box trailer and install a tank and the PW in the trailer - but I'm a bit siht at reversing trailers, or a bigger van and install the pressure washer in there (4 days per week is window cleaning, 1-1.5 days PW). Does anyone have any experience of these options or any pros and cons lists? My other thought was to make a soundproof cart and put a buffer tank and the PW in there and wheel in and out of a bigger van. Hmm

Personally I'd go with the van mount if your that shite at reversing.. That said if you do get a trailer, best tip I can give is whichever mirror you see the trailer then you steer into it, this will allow you to go straight.

in your situation I would o for the trailer option. The only way to get good at reversing a trailer is to do it. It wont take long before you are up to speed. Carrying all that gear around when you dont need it seems like a bit of a waste. You dont even need a big box trailer to have a 200l or so tank + hose reels and pressure washer.

Personally in a few months time I will be buying a small truck (as opposed to a van with a pick up body) and mounting all my gear on there. But I only really do pressure washing and dont do window cleaning so I always need the gear. I will be building a box on the back to try and reduce the noise from the pressure washer and have enough room to lock up all my equipment, leaving the rest of the space for another set up or any equipment I might need for only that day.

Back