the government survey calls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by boarcity, Jun 17, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#1 boarcity, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2015
    are you lads getting these type phone calls in the daytime ? "hi,dont worry im not selling anything,im from the government we are doing a survey into small business can you spare ten minutes ..."

these calls are a recent thing . but see theyre ramping up in frequency ,more than one firm at it

first it was Missold PPI , then accident claims now its this bunch "pretending we are the government " conducting a harmless survey ,

but what is it they are selling? have any of you followed thru with it ?

iv been getting rid of them by saying ring me back after 5pm. they never do . if you say ring me back after 4 pm they call back ,seems they work 9-5

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

No idea, but I annoy them now by leaving them hanging I say 'yep hold on ill just get him for you' then I leave the phone somewhere just waiting

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. cheapncheerful

yep I had one company on for two twenty minute sessions on my moby...and a third when I politely fooked them off..

we are on the preference list etc but they even know my first name ...

one the other day I just told them the opposite of everything they wanted to hear..

got caught out on one ...I gave a fictitious credit card number ...

and the bugger asked for it again...

next time I make a number up I must write it down..

a bit annoying these calls but some times brighten up the day ..

its all free free free and it only costs one pound ninety a week...and its usually three hundred a year but its on special offer because of your reputation...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

for a hundred...but its all free....ish

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Plenty of good scammers going about for sure so be on your guard folks.

5. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

If they call from the Nigerian government you're in luck! £10,000 coming your way from a distant family member who happens to be royalty and only needs your bank details and pin... :thumbsup:

Advertisement