the heavy weight sleeve

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by boarcity, Apr 3, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. boarcity

boarcity Guest

amongst the ones iv tried the Ettore is the heaviest. its not a dripper -really hangs onto its waterload ettore.jpg - does my arm in

dyou know of a real heavy un?

Advertisement
  2. TolishAPurd

Is that the porky boar? I find the porky one of the lighter ones. The moerman holds a tonne of water and gets heavy on use, as does the ninja, but not so bad. I could probably do with a new sleeve now you mention it.

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

not the porky, its the ettore microfibre. if i hear of anyone who swears by it ,id shake his hand as surely must be a strongman [or possibly a masochist ! ]
    thats a point,if you want to beat yourself up ,truly "feel the burn before lunchtime" recommend you buy the ettore microfibre

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I've only ever used two different sleeves. The Porcupine (which I used on first cleans) and the Unger monsoon which, as the name suggests, held a lot of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

#5 boarcity, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2016
    gunth23.jpg gunth2.jpg heres a lady windie i know using an ettore , note the bulge on her arm muscle necessary to "work the weight "

shes now lookin to retire !

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

youve had a charmed life it seems [both those are not so heavy]

7. CHWS

CHWS Forum Addict

I know guys who had them ettoree 1s for 3 years and never needed to replace them every day use.

8. TolishAPurd

There's a lot to be said for light gear. I made a conscious effort last year to make all my gear lighter my making the switch to unger stuff and lighter ladders, and it does make a difference to how your feel by the end of the working day.

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

when i was trad this was my choice ettore as mentioned lasted ages

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

my favourite sleeve[syr tiger] syrtiger.jpg syrtiger2.jpg is pretty light.one of the lightweights. but the main reason its my favourite is because the fibres are made from quite a coarse material . this is only apparent After its been broken in-as it comes new the fibres are soft and it needs to break in first . one downside is its a real dripper but to me its pros outweigh the cons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement